gPROMS training courses
Initialisation Procedures: making models initialise robustly (PM half day)
Initialisation procedures allow for a complex model to be constructed gradually, starting from a simpler form and increasing its complexity by lifting physical assumptions or changing the numerical formulation. When combined together in a flowsheet, these model units can be initialised individually one after the other via flowsheet initialisation procedure.
This is providing a fast and reliant mean of converging complex model and constructing large flowsheets.
- How to set up an initialisation procedure from scratch
- How to define a simplified a set of equations for initialisation
- How to change the choice of specification in a model
- How to construct a flowsheet to be initialised sequentially
- How to initialise a recycle loop
The workshop is aimed at process engineers from the Oil & Gas, Refining, Petrochemical, Food & Beverage and Specialty Chemicals industries who are experienced in custom modelling and are looking to increase the level of complexity of their model while ensuring a robust and fast initialisation.
Please drop us an email for the dates and the course you would like to register for and we would get in touch.