gPROMS training courses
gPROMS® ProcessBuilder: Steady-state flowsheet modelling and optimization (1-day)
Understanding steady-state behaviour of chemical processes using mathematical models is of great importance in the design and operation of chemical processes.
Recent technological advances allow process engineers to optimize the design and operation of chemical processes with multiple design and operational decisions, taking into account a wide range of process constraints relating to safety, availability of resources, equipment capacity, etc.
The course is aimed at chemical and process engineers who wish to start using gPROMS to create flowsheet models and use these to optimize the design and operation of continuous processes.
This one-day course instructs attendees to effectively apply powerful optimization techniques to real problems relating to process design and process operation. It combines tutorials and hands-on problem solving sessions. By the end of the course, participants will know how to:
- Define physical property calculations
- Using the built-in model libraries to develop flowsheet models, including
- Reactive processes
- Separation processes
- Heat exchange and heat integration
- Handling material recycles
- Execute a simulation and view results
- Perform a sensitivity analysis using built-in libraries as well as using the functionality known as Global System Analysis on an already-developed flowsheet
- Optimize the process using formal mathematical optimization techniques
The training course will use the latest released version of gPROMS ProcessBuilder.
Please drop us an email for the dates and the course you would like to register for and we would get in touch.