The Centre of Excellence (CoE) for Pharmaceutical Formulation & Manufacture provides a single-point service for material and equipment characterisation as well as predictive modelling.
This helps pharmaceutical companies accelerate the development of drugs and their manufacturing processes, from R&D through tech transfer to commercial manufacturing.
Depending on your requirements, the CoE can work collaboratively with your experts or provide complete turnkey solutions.
Mechanistic process modelling
PSE’s gPROMS FormulatedProducts® environment provides integrated design & optimisation of formulated products & their manufacturing processes, including extensive capabilities for processing experimental data.
Discrete element modelling
RCPE’s XPS (eXtended Particle Simulation) CFD-DEM software for the particle processing industry predicts the behavior of several million solid particles and their interaction with surrounding fluid flow in arbitrary complex geometries.
RCPE’s state-of-the-art experimentation facilities and services allow rapid setup and execution of experimental programmes to support drug development and manufacture.
Better tech transfer
One of the key benefits of an integrated approach that combines mechanistic modelling and experimentation is faster and more confident tech transfer.
What are the benefits of working with the Centre?
The CoE helps companies to achieve a faster time-to-market with new products, through the ability to explore options rapidly using predictive technology and a knowledge-driven approach. Specific benefits include the ability to:
- design more robust manufacturing processes, leading to saving of time and money and increased quality and regulatory compliance
- accelerate formulation decisions, helping to identify and mitigate critical risk factors – for example, CQAs
- better-managed technology risk for novel manufacturing routes, helping to identify identify CPPs and their PARs
- more efficient R&D through integrated experimentation and modelling, leading to increased R&D efficiency, with less lab time and API consumption
- more knowledge and understanding and more reproducible information, leading to better return on PAT investment.
The benefits of a streamlined business relationship
The Centre of Excellence offers clients a much wider range of integrated experimental and model-based solutions than the partners can alone, with seamless support across this wider range of solutions.
What is more, this can be covered by a single commercial agreement and legal agreement and overseen by a single point of contact (if desirable from the customer’s perspective).
The CoE deploys an integrated, holistic approach