Advanced optimisation techniques can substantially increase the production value from oil and gas fields, as well as reduce production costs.
PSE’s gPROMS Oilfield environment uses robust modelling and optimisation techniques that enable you to achieve optimal operation rapidly and effectively.
gPROMS Oilfield provides a comprehensive modelling and optimisation capability for oil and gas fields within a single environment, from engineering through to operations.
gPROMS Oilfield advantages
Major advantages of the gPROMS Oilfield solution are its ability to:
- optimise well & pipeline systems simultaneously
- include both continuous (such as gas lift rates) and discrete (such as routing & status) decision variables in the optimisation
- provide a workable, immediately implementable solution based on the number and type of field changes the user is prepared to implement (this can be defined prior to the optimisation)
- include facilities components for full asset optimisation
- provide flexible constraint management
gPROMS Oilfield integrates with industry-standard flow modelling tools such as GAP® from Petroleum Experts and PIPESIM® from Schlumberger, and utilises the OLGAS multiphase flow correlation to ensure consistency across tools.
gPROMS Oilfield can be deployed throughout the asset operation:
- Engineers can use the standard desktop application to configure models and perform offline analysis, for example, what-if studies and optimisation
- Executable models can be embedded within existing workflow (e.g. Digital Oilfield) solutions, transparently to the user
- gPROMS Oilfield Optimiser can be deployed behind a customised user interface or dashboard, to provide a field specific interface that allows only key parameters to be changed.
All the above deployments can be hosted either on a local computer or, taking advantage of PSE's high-performance computing (HPC) technology, on an internal intranet or as a cloud based application.