We are pleased to announce the release of gPROMS ProcessBuilder 1.4.0, which can now be downloaded from the customer area [login required].
ProcessBuilder 1.4.0 benefits from many new features in the gPROMS platform as well as from new and upgraded model libraries, and significant new thermodynamics and physical properties developments.
Solution & workflows
- Significantly-improved support for engineering workflows, with two powerful new features, Global Specifications and the Automatic Update of Specifications from Results. These greatly simplify complex engineering workflows, by providing the ability to:
- quickly change model modes, for example, changing an entire flowsheet from steady-state to dynamic mode, or moving from design to performance mode
- automatically update flowsheet specifications to results from previous simulations, for example, updating design parameters such as all valve CVs with values calculated by a previous design calculation.
These features can be combined to allow rapid transitions between different types of flowsheet calculations within a single work session.
- High Performance Computing (HPC) has been significantly enhanced with the introduction of a new local parallelisation linear algebra solver and distributed computing on clusters. This offers significant performance gains across all gPROMS activities.
- Initialisation Procedures, which enable the rapid and robust initialisation of complex units and entire flowsheets, can now be applied in optimisation and model validation as well as simulation activities.
- In Global System Analysis (GSA), timed responses are now available for the analysis of dynamic systems and GSA result management has been enhanced significantly to properly explore the time-varying aspects of parametric, uncertainty and sensitivity analyses.
- A new globalisation strategy for optimisation, model validation and model-based experiment design activities uses a new solver to find improved solutions by performing multistart optimisations.
- Units of measurement can now be changed for all result elements – values, tables and plots – in Model Reports.
Themodynamics and materials
- PSE’s new gPROMS Properties physical properties package is now available in ProcessBuilder, with an integrated GUI for configuring materials and performing interactive calculations.
- A new Materials entity makes it much easier to consistently re-use compounds, references, thermodynamic models and engine settings for mixture descriptions in different parts of a flowsheet
- The Extended UNIQUAC physical properties Foreign Object (EUFO) by Hafnium Labs ApS is now available for the thermodynamic modelling of electrolyte systems.
New and extended model libraries
The following Model Libraries have been upgraded: