PSE is pleased to announce that gPROMS FormulatedProducts 1.6.0 is now available for download from the Formulated Products software download page. Key updates include:
New library models
- The addition of a ‘Reaction calorimeter’ model to describe dynamic multiphase reaction systems within a well-mixed vessel. This model can be utilised for a variety of calorimetry methods aimed at the measurement of adiabatic temperature rise from exothermic reactions in order to regress reaction kinetics.
- A new ‘High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) sensor’ model used to convert composition of species to standard measurements such as LC area, %LC area, based on user-specified response factors.
Enhancements to library models
- Enhancements to the ‘Tablet press’ model with the inclusion of two new tablet compaction models (Kawakita (1971) and a custom option) and improved reporting now displaying compaction curves.
- Improvements and generalisation of the bioreactor, fermentation and chromatography model libraries so they can be used for a wide range of expression systems, products and feed streams. Dialogs and reports have been updated, including new units of measurement and terminology.
- Upgraded usability, input dialogs and reporting for the dairy manufacturing library and an improved semi-hard cheese model.
- The oral absorption and in vitro dissolution model libraries have been optimised for better numerical performance (faster instantiation and increased solution speed). The effect of non-spherical particle shape can now be considered in dissolution and growth models.
- Enhanced material system editing for product performance material systems and improved database creation and editing through gPROMS FormulatedProducts Utilities.
- Addition of detailed examples including demonstration of ‘lot genealogy’ for continuous direct compression, the new ‘HPLC sensor’ and ‘Reaction calorimeter’ models, and enhanced features in the bioreactor, fermentation, and chromatography libraries.
Enhancements to documentation
- Enhancements to the key equation elements of the model help documentation for all the crystallizer, filter and wet mill models.
All users are encouraged to upgrade to the latest releases of gPROMS FormulatedProducts and gPROMS FormulatedProducts Utilities to take advantage of these new features and many others. The full details of the release can be found in the release notes within the help documentation. For further information or assistance please contact [email protected].