gPROMS training courses
gPROMS® ProcessBuilder: Introduction & Hands-on training (1-day)
Understanding steady-state and transient behaviour of chemical processes using mathematical models is of great importance in the design and operation of chemical processes.
Accurately predicting process dynamics is particularly important for projects involving batch processes, plant startup/shutdown, product/feedstock changeovers, control system design, and others. Recent technological advances allow process engineers to optimize the design and operation of chemical processes with multiple design and operational decisions, taking into account a wide range of process constraints relating to safety, availability of resources, equipment capacity, etc. And using real-world data to validate the model is an inherent part of the model development process.
The course is aimed at chemical and process engineers who wish to start using gPROMS® ProcessBuilder to create flowsheet models and use these to optimize the design and operation of batch, semi-batch and continuous processes.
This course instructs attendees to effectively apply powerful optimization techniques to real problems relating to process design, process operation and model validation. It combines tutorials and hands-on problem solving sessions. By the end of the course, participants will know how to:
- Define physical property calculations
- Using the built-in model libraries to develop flowsheet models, including
- Reactive processes
- Separation processes
- Heat exchange and heat integration
- Handling material recycles
- Execute a simulation and view results
- Perform a sensitivity analysis
- Optimize the process using formal mathematical optimization techniques
- Conveniently define plant operating procedures
- Set up and configure a control scheme
- Validate your models
Please drop us an email for the dates and the course you would like to register for and we would get in touch.