Advanced Process Modelling Forum 2021
Siemens PSE’s flagship event – the Advanced Process Modelling Forum – is going virtual for 2021, and will take place from 13 to 15 April.
The new virtual platform will replicate our usual format, so you can still expect a lot of interesting presentations on the application of Digital Process Twins to generate value throughout the process industries, updates on the exciting developments within PSE over the last year, the academic poster session, and numerous software innovations that truly do push the boundaries of what is possible with process modelling and optimization.
The forum will take place over three afternoons (Europe) or mornings (North America), from 13:00 – 17:00 BST. You can see the outline and draft detailed agenda here.
At the Forum you will hear:
- how GALP Energia’s Utilities Optimizer reduces refinery emissions every day
- how the use of digital design of polymer grade recipes can increase LDPE production significantly
- how a new generation of non-linear model-based predictive control (NL-MPC) for polymer plants can significantly improve product quality and reduce grade change times
- about National Nuclear Laboratory’s Integrated Nuclear Digital Environment, which is being used to optimize the lifecycle of nuclear plants
- about Siemens Energy and PSE’s new solutions for Real-time Production Optimization on an unconventional oilfield
- more about many new technology developments from PSE – for example:
- new integrated high-fidelity tools for Process Safety analysis
- combined SIMIT/gPROMS Digital twin technology for combined virtual commissioning and operator training systems (OTS)
- gPROMS Process – a true digital design tool for the process industries
- A plenary keynote presentation from Simeone Zomer of GlaxoSmithKline illustrating examples where the GSK simulations platform has been used to efficiently deploy system models for drug substance and drug product to support process design, control definition and verification.
- Key presentations from AstraZeneca, Eli Lilly, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, and Zentiva covering topics across the pharmaceutical design and development lifecycle.
- Food, Beverage and FMCG presentations from Nestlé covering the use of web-applications built on detailed models, and Mondelēz’s journey to leverage digital tools as part of the way they do R&D.
- Partner and academic presentations from University of Sheffield, Perceptive Engineering and RCPE/CCFlow Consortium.
We look forward to enjoying this experience with you. We’ll be in touch very soon.