The Advanced Process Modelling Forum is the world's premier event focused on creating sustainable value in the process industries through the application of high-fidelity predictive process modelling and optimisation.
The 2017 Forum will be held in central London on 25–26 April 2017 at the Chelsea Harbour Hotel. Conference sessions include Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Petrochemicals and Refining, Formulated Products (including Pharmaceuticals, Food and Consumer Goods) and Energy & Environment tracks.
The Forum will focus on two key aspects that together are driving significant new value creation in the process industries: 'end-to-end' modelling and optimisation. Advanced Process Modelling is developing to enable optimisation of many different aspects across the process and product lifecycle within a single environment. On the process side, this means being able to cover the process lifecycle from R&D through engineering to operations; and on the formulated products side, the product lifecycle from formulation though manufacture to product performance.
At the Forum you will be able to learn more about this key technology and how it is creating new value and competitive advantage throughout industry by companies such as AstraZeneca, Danone, Dr. Reddy’s, FrieslandCampina, GSK, Pfizer, Procter & Gamble, Roche and Sirius Analytical in the Formulated Products stream and DSM, Shell, Sabic, SCG Chemicals, SINTEF and Sellafield in the Chemical Process Industry stream.
There are two main presentation streams at the Forum - The Chemical Process Industry stream and the Formulated Products stream. In each of these you will hear:
For the chemical process industries:
- How SCG Chemicals is maximising VCM yield from EDC cracker operation
- How Velocys are using model-based techniques to rank and screen catalysts for a new generation of Fischer-Tropsch reactor
- New techniques for accurate yield prediction and monitoring of coking in ethylene furnaces
- DSM on how new utilities optimisation approaches have helped to create significant additional savings on an already-optimised utilities system
- PSE’s new gPROMS 5 platform – with global system analysis, high-performance computing, faster solvers and many other enhancements
- gPROMS ProcessBuilder 1.2, with new capabilities for olefins, trickle-bed reactors, utilities and wastewater treatment process modelling
For formulated products organisations:
- How pharmaceutical organisations such as GSK are using Systems-based Pharmaceutics techniques for efficient design of robust continuous drug substance manufacturing processes.
- FrieslandCampina’s industry perspective on how a new modelling framework developed by PSE and NIZO is accelerating the application of model-based approaches in the Food industry
- How Danone are using dynamic models to perform dynamic scheduling of Food & Beverage processes
- How AstraZeneca is using Global System Analysis to systematically explore the decision space for Twin Screw Wet Granulation.
- About the latest developments in modelling of parenteral stability and its benefits from Pfizer
- How Roche and Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories use mechanistic models to facilitate process development, scale-up and tech transfer for spray dryers.
- How global system analysis techniques for sensitivity analysis and uncertainty quantification now make it possible to systematically explore the process and product decision space for design and operation
Attend the Forum
Registration is now open. Please register now to receive the early bird discount.