The Advanced Process Modelling (APM) Forum is the world's premier event aimed at bringing science-based methodologies that integrate digital design and digital operations in the pharmaceutical, food, consumer goods, and specialty chemicals industries.
The Forum, held in Tarrytown, New York, 10 – 12 September 2019, will focus on how APM technology is being applied at the center of digitalization initiatives such as the Systems-based Pharmaceutics Alliance throughout the life sciences sector, to generate new value, improve R&D efficiency, reduce tech transfer risk, identify robust operating regions, design and verify control strategies.
The Forum focuses on practical, effective and well-established approaches that enable organizations to generate new value and competitive advantage rapidly and with confidence.
Presentations will focus on the use of advanced mechanistic modelling techniques based on sound science combined with experimentation for formulation, development, and manufacture across the formulated products lifecycle. Key topic areas will include digital twin innovation and tech transfer, integrated digital design and operation, and new application areas for digitalization in formulated products.
Plenary sessions will also cover current technology developments in digital design and operations such as the integration of models and data, the use of global systems analysis to identify and manage risk and uncertainty, the use of hybrid data-driven and first-principles models, the application of high-fidelity models online as part of intelligent digital operations, and the utilization of high-performance computing facilities.
Optional workshops on PSE’s gPROMS FormulatedProducts will take place on Thursday, September 12.
Additional Forum highlights and events:
Here are a few of the many reasons to attend:
- Hear about updates to the gPROMS FormulatedProducts environment, significant functionality enhancements, and additional model libraries.
- Confirmed FDA keynote presentation from Tom O’Connor.
- Ravi Shanker of Pfizer will present on the evolving vision for Systems-based Pharma.
- GSK’s Bob Yule will give a keynote presentation, "Adoption and integration of digital tools in leading pharmaceutical companies."
- Susan Ewing of Pfizer will present on continuous drug product manufacture & end-to-end modeling
- A presentation on continuous drug substance manufacturing will be given by Pablo Rolandi of Amgen
- Jim Michaels from the University of Delaware will present on solids process modeling in academic curricula
- Join PSE for drinks, dinner, and special entertainment on Tuesday, September 10.
- Meet and discuss with peers across a range of industry sectors in an informal setting.
- Attend hands-on workshop sessions on Thursday, September 12, and try out key application areas and new model libraries of gPROMS FormulatedProducts.
- Have face-to-face meetings with PSE personnel.