Department Energy & Chemicals
Employment basis Full-Time, Permanent
Location Hammersmith, London, UK
Salary Competitive package
Passionate, visionary, collaborative and professional; these are some of the things that our customers have said about PSE. From our employees’ perspective, we operate an open, diverse, multinational and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. Therefore, people tend to stay a long time and grow with the company because at PSE we all have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
Having established gPROMS ProcessBuilder as a powerful next-generation tool for digital design, with sophisticated reactor modelling capabilities and unique global system analysis and optimisation technology, PSE is investing in evolving it into an industry-leading product capable of displacing the current incumbent simulation software that has been used for many years. The development is critical for BU Energy & Chemicals’ long-term success, but has immediate relevance in major projects such as the Aramco Master Gas Optimisation project and BASF Integrated Engineering development, as well as potential sales to major customers and prospects.
We are now seeking an experienced gPROMS modeller with a production mentality and a flair for creating excellent products. While the position will involve applying deep gPROMS technical expertise from day to day, it will also include work with the technical and commercial teams within the Business Units (BUs) as well as with customers.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of the ProcessBuilder gPROMS Model Libraries (gMLs)
- Supporting client take-up of the products through delivering high quality pre and post product development support.
What skills you should have:
- A First or 2:1 Master’s or PhD degree in Process, Chemical, or Petroleum Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Sound gPROMS custom modelling experience, in particular writing of complex (e.g. distributed, hierarchical, rate-based) models
- Good understanding of the productisation process required to create fit-for-purpose, QAed models and other product elements.
- Programming (FORTRAN, Python, C, C++) experience would be helpful but not essential
What skills we are looking for:
- Design, development, implementation and testing of new library gML models
- Maintenance and further development of existing gML models and related IP
- Productisation aspects of these models, including preparation of documentation, training and demonstration materials
- Generation of or input into the wider product elements such as documentation, demonstrators, how-to videos, etc.
- Gathering requirements, user feedback and enhancement requests
- Proposing formulations for new models based on internal and customer requirements
- Configuring existing user interfaces and/or identifying needs for enhancements or new interfaces
- Building strong relationships with customers and supporting their application of gPROMS ProcessBuilder
- Execution of projects involving development of new gPROMS ProcessBuilder features, and delivery to PSE’s customers
- Peer review and quality control of work performed by other model library developers.
- Sales and Marketing support, including prospect visits as well as occasional attendance at trade shows and conferences.
What we offer you:
- Flexible working
- 26 days of holiday per year, plus 8 days of statutory Bank Holidays
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Comprehensive internal and external training programme
- Excellent career development
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox discount platform
- Great office environment, with free fruit, coffee and biscuits, and regular social events
- Reimbursement of professional registration and cost of professional books
- Internal coaching sessions with a Professional Coach
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'