Department Formulated Products
Employment basis Full-Time, Permanent
Location Hammersmith, U.K.
Salary range: Competitive package
Process Systems Enterprise (PSE) is the leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling software and digital design and operation technology and services to the process industries.
Passionate, visionary, collaborative and professional; these are some of the things that our customers have said about PSE. From our employees’ perspective, we operate an open, diverse and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. Therefore, people tend to stay a long time and grow with the company because at PSE we all have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
We are now looking for a highly motivated product developer to join the Formulated Products business unit, focusing on our bioprocessing model libraries within gPROMS FormulatedProducts.
A Consultant: Downstream Bioprocessing Modelling in the Formulated Products team uses PSE’s gPROMS Platform and other tools to develop and maintain the bioprocessing model libraries within gPROMS FormulatedProducts. In addition, he/she works with the technical and commercial colleagues within the team to support taking the product to market through the delivery of high quality training and consulting services. Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop and test mathematical models for gPROMS FormulatedProducts
- Productisation of modules including preparation of documentation, training and demonstration materials
- Ensure consistency and interoperability with the other modules of gPROMS FormulatedProducts
- Project execution and delivery to PSE’s customers
- Work with clients and prospects to progress product development:
- Gather requirements, user feedback and enhancement requests
- Propose formulations for new models based on internal and customer requirements
- Support existing customers in their application of gPROMS FormulatedProducts
- Implementation and maintenance of models, making maximal use of common re-usable components ensuring interoperability and a consistent look-and-feel.
- Supporting client take-up of the products through delivering high quality training and support.
- Support the sales and marketing efforts of the Formulated Products business
Consulting and Applications Engineering
- Contribute to relevant proposals
- Participate in project delivery
- Work with Marketing to prepare product marketing material (e.g. brochures, web pages etc.)
- Give presentations (at PSE-organised or public conferences)
- Active participation in and contribution to, all aspects of the Company’s technical and commercial activities related to the above.
What skills we are looking for:
- Ability to understand customer requirements and translate them to commercial software solutions.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to prioritise scheduled tasks and react to unexpected problems.
What skills you should have:
- A first degree or PhD in (ideally) Chemical or Biochemical Engineering. A related technical discipline such as Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Biology, Biochemistry or Chemistry may be acceptable depending on other experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of first-principles or mechanistic modelling experience. Chromatography modelling skills or experience with other partial differential equations are of particular interest.
- An excellent knowledge of downstream bioprocessing is required. Knowledge of upstream bioprocessing is an advantage.
- Hands-on experience developing mechanistic models of chromatography and/or other downstream bioprocessing unit operations is an advantage.
- Laboratory experience is an advantage.
- Experience with gPROMS®, ACM®, Dymola® or another equation-oriented modelling tool is an advantage.
What we offer you:
- Flexible working
- 26 days of holiday per year, plus 8 days of statutory Bank Holidays
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Comprehensive internal and external training programme
- Excellent career development
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox discount platform
- Great office environment, with free fruit, coffee and biscuits, and regular social events
- Reimbursement of professional registration and cost of professional books
- Internal coaching sessions with a Professional Coach
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'