Employment basis Full-Time, Permanent
Location London, UK
Start date Immediate
Salary range: Competitive package
Passionate, visionary, collaborative and professional; these are some of the things that our customers have said about PSE. From our employees’ perspective, we operate an open, diverse and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. Therefore, people tend to stay a long time and grow with the company because at PSE we all have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
We are now looking for a highly motivated Consultant Engineer for our Fuel Cells team. Consultant Engineers in the Fuel Cells Business Unit work on client projects that involve modelling of processes typical for the Fuel Cells sector, with the aim to troubleshoot / optimise the design and / or operation of these processes. PSE is leading modelling innovation within this sector and working with several high profile clients to develop new approaches.
- The individual will work with the technical and commercial teams within the Fuel Cells Business Unit (BU) to support the creation of new business opportunities, define the requirements for commercial projects and manage the development of model processes.
- Implementation of new gFUELCELL models using gPROMS, PSE's modelling and solution platform.
- Building strong relationships with customers and supporting their application of gFUELCELL.
Your responsabilities will include:
- Design, development and testing of mathematical models in the area of Fuel Cells.
- Productisation aspects of these models, including preparation of documentation, training and demonstration materials.
- Maintenance and further development of gFUELCELL models and related IP.
- Gathering requirements, user feedback and enhancement requests.
- Proposing formulations for new models based on internal and customer requirements.
- Configuring existing interfaces and/or identifying needs for enhancements or new interfaces with existing and new tools.
- Project execution and delivery to PSE’s customers.
- Peer review and quality control of work performed by other Consultants.
- Sales and Marketing support, including prospect visits as well as attendance at trade shows and conferences.
What skills we are looking for:
- Either a first grade Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or PhD in Chemical Engineering. A related technical discipline such as Physics or Chemistry may be acceptable depending on other experience.
- Experience in the field of Fuel Cells is not essential for the role – modelling experience is preferred.
- Experience with gPROMS®, ACM®, Dymola® or another equation-oriented modelling tool is an advantage.
- Programming (FORTRAN, C, C++) and CFD/DEM experience is helpful, but not essential.
- Excellent oral and written in both English and Chinese language skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to prioritise scheduled tasks and react to unexpected problems.
- Willing to travel within EMEA, the Americas and APAC for up to one week per quarter on average.
What we offer you:
- Flexible working
- 26 days of holiday per year, plus 8 days of statutory Bank Holidays
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Comprehensive internal and external training programme
- Excellent career development
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox discount platform
- Great office environment, with free fruit, coffee and biscuits, and regular social events
- Reimbursement of professional registration and cost of professional books
- Internal coaching sessions with a Professional Coach
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'