|Department:||Energy & Chemicals|
|Employment basis:||Full-Time, Permanent|
|Salary range:||Attractive package|
Passionate, visionary, collaborative and professional; these are some of the things that our customers have said about PSE. From our employees’ perspective, we operate an open, diverse, multinational and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. Therefore, people tend to stay a long time and grow with the company because at PSE we all have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
We are now looking for a highly motivated Business Development Manager with a keen interest and demonstrated sales skills to work with our team to support the strategic growth and investment for PSE in the Energy and Chemicals sector.
PSE has developed unique software solutions and consulting services specifically for these markets and developed strong reference accounts, all of whom are global multi-nationals. In North America our customers in this sector include ExxonMobil, Praxair, Dow, Ineos & Air Liquide. This established market presence and customer base, combined with the establishment of a dedicated cross-functional Business Unit to focus exclusively on this market, provides an extremely strong platform for PSE’s continued high growth in this sector. Our continued growth has shown that our strategy is working and we now need the best sales people to capitalize on the opportunity.
You will be responsible for sales of software and services into PSE’s Energy & Chemicals sector, covering the south and west of the U.S., with a very significant focus on driving business in the Houston, South East Texas and Louisiana areas. While you might inherit a limited number of existing customer accounts to manage, this is primarily a new business development role. You will be called upon to target and research potential customers, identify potential sales opportunities, identify the right people in those organizations to approach, and then engage in a way that you can successfully uncover a customer’s business challenges while conveying PSE’s unique value proposition that will enable them to overcome those challenges. . PSE is a high growth business, having doubled in revenues in the past four years. Therefore you must be skilled, confident, and excited about joining a winning team. High activity in the Houston area and strong self-motivation to succeed will be essential. You will be supported by a small but established technical team in our downtown Houston office, together with additional support from our New Jersey and London offices. As a key member of the Energy & Chemicals Business Unit, you will be able to be a key influencer in the development of our products and have a direct impact on our sales & marketing strategy in this sector.
What skills you should have:
- Sell software & services into your assigned territory. Target deal size >$100k.
- Build, maintain and execute a territory plan.
- Pro-actively and continually instigate new discussions within accounts and strategic prospects to enable PSE to understand and discover customer goals and challenges relevant to opportunities for PSE.
- Work with cross-functional teams on sales campaigns, directing and working with technical pre-sales and consulting to achieve desired outcomes.
- Accurately forecast sales pipeline and current quarter close in Salesforce and consistently exceed quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Predict and articulate the needs of your customers to the Executive team to enable these requirements to be translated into long term strategic deliverable solutions.
- Extensive customer travel, but focused initially on Houston area.
What skills we are looking for:
- You must have at least 5 years’ experience in a quota carrying sales role with a verifiable track record of achievement.
- You must be degree qualified in a relevant subject. Chemical Engineering is highly preferred. Whilst this is not a technical position, in order to be credible you need have an understanding of Energy and Chemical businesses and their typical R&D and production processes. If you do not have a degree in Chemical Engineering, you must be able to demonstrate significant industry experience successfully selling similar software and services for a reasonable length of time.
- You must have experience selling similar software and/or services to the target industries.
- An existing network of contacts and understanding of key accounts in these industries is advantageous.
- You must be able to demonstrate an ability to translate technical benefits into business benefits and ROI and be adept at securing meetings with senior level customer contacts in order to gain the necessary sponsorship for discretionary investments.
- Self-driven and self-motivated entrepreneurial mind-set with exceptional interpersonal skills combined with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- First class communication and presentation skills.
We offer you:
- Flexible Working
- 22 paid days off per year, plus Company paid public holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Company Life Assurance
- 401k Plan
- Paid Family and Maternity Leave
- Internal coaching sessions
- External Training and Career Development
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'