|Available position:||Consultant: Java Software Developer|
|Department:||Software Technology Group|
|Employment basis:||Full-Time, Permanent|
|Location(s):||Hammersmith, London, UK|
|Salary range:||Competitive package|
Process Systems Enterprise (PSE) is the leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling software and digital design and operation technology and services to the process industries.
Passionate, visionary, collaborative and professional; these are some of the things that our customers have said about PSE. From our employees’ perspective, we operate an open, diverse, multinational and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. Therefore, people tend to stay a long time and grow with the company because at PSE we all have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
We are now looking for a highly motivated Java Software Developer with a keen interest and demonstrated software skills to work with our team to create and support our flagship gPROMS platform and software products.
In exchange, you will be part of an international, friendly and supportive development team to help develop and maintain the Java based gPROMS UI platform, design and implement new functionality and influencing the future architecture of these components.
- Work with in-house and external expert users to improve the general robustness, performance, usability and workflows of these components
- Resolve critical bug fixes quickly
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers
- Be a true software craftsperson, aiming at long-term testable and maintainable solutions to challenging problems
- Be product-minded and commercially focused, understanding client requirements and collaborating closely with other developers, Quality Assurance group and our Consultant Engineers.
What skills you should have:
- Experience of Java programming
- Excellent object-oriented analysis and design skills with a good understanding and practical experience of using design patterns
- Educated to degree level or equivalent within software engineering or computer science or similar subject
- Outstanding communication skills, a desire to learn and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
What skills we are looking for:
- Experience in developing multi-threaded applications
- Use of unit-testing (JUnit)
- Use of distributed version control systems (Git) and Continuous Integration (CI) systems (Jenkins)
- Knowledge of and experience using TDD
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, perl, bash etc.) and data interchange formats (XML, JSON etc.)
- Cross-platform software development (Windows and Linux).
We offer you:
- Flexible working
- 26 days of holiday per year, plus 8 days of statutory Bank Holidays
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Comprehensive internal and external training programme
- Excellent career development
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox discount platform
- Great office environment, with free fruit, coffee and biscuits, and regular social events
- Reimbursement of professional registration and cost of professional books
- Internal coaching sessions with a Professional Coach
Learn more about working at PSE and read some employee’s experience on our website.
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'