|Available position:||Software Developer|
|Department:||Digital Applications Platform Group|
|Employment basis:||Full-Time, Permanent|
|Location(s):||Hammersmith, London, UK|
|Salary range:||Competitive package|
Passionate, visionary, collaborative and professional; these are some of the things that our customers have said about PSE. From our employees’ perspective, we operate an open, diverse and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. Therefore, people tend to stay a long time and grow with the company because at PSE we all have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
We are now looking for a highly motivated Software Developer for our gPROMS Digital Applications Platform. This platform delivers intelligent operational decisions online in real-time to leading chemical, energy and pharmaceutical companies. Powering their automation systems, reducing energy use, improving safety and transforming economic outcomes.
- Work with PSE’s customer facing business units and PSE’s clients to identify requirements;
- Contribute to the design and architecture of Digital Applications and platform components;
- Develop and maintain our software, with particular emphasis on general, re-usable high-availability software components;
- Resolve critical bug fixes quickly.
What skills you should have:
- Education, either:
- First or 2:1 Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science with a strong academic mathematical background; Or
- A mathematical PhD in an area related to first principles modelling or optimisation
- Good knowledge and application of at least one programming language such as Python, Java or C++
- Experience with gPROMS®, SPEEDUP®, ACM®, Dymola® or another equation-oriented process modelling tool is an advantage
What skills we are looking for:
- Ability to understand customer requirements and translate them to commercial software solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to prioritise scheduled tasks and react to unexpected problems
We offer you:
- Flexible working
- 26 days of holiday per year, plus 8 days of statutory Bank Holidays
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Comprehensive internal and external training programme
- Excellent career development
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox discount platform
- Great office environment, with free fruit, coffee and biscuits, and regular social events
- Reimbursement of professional registration and cost of professional books
- Internal coaching sessions with a Professional Coach
Learn more about working at PSE and read some employee’s experience on our website.
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'