This is the first Project Manager role for the Energy & Chemicals team. The team has over 30 consultants and an annual revenue target of c. £13 million. The role is to manage key multi-disciplinary projects alongside a technical lead drawing resources from the general consulting group; specialist practices within the team (Production Systems, Process Safety, Catalytic Reactors, Polymerisation, Fuel cells) as well as other groups such as development and systems integration within PSE and potentially outsourced service providers and sub-contractors. This will involve project costing, project planning and project management both internally with the team and with sub-contractors; and externally with key clients. Projects can be large scale, long in timing and complex in design. You will also be expected to lead the introduction and take-up of best practice processes for all aspects of project management.
You should be technically skilled, a good negotiator and able to independently manage projects. You must be confident in developing project plans and process and change management. You will need to have good communication skills, be assertive when required and enjoy working closely with highly dedicated and qualified technical teams.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead project management for proposals including costing, scoping and planning
- Set up and adapt processes and operations for project management
- Manage projects
- Coordinate internal resources for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, within budget while meeting quality standards
- Put in place and ensure adherence to a robust process for the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation to projects
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimise project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Attend client meetings from a project management perspective where required
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'