|Available position:||Senior Consultant Engineer - gOES Group|
|Employment basis:||Full-Time, Permanent|
|Salary range:||Competitive package|
Senior Consultant Engineer: Role Description
A Senior Consultant Engineer is responsible for providing expert technical consulting and project support for a) PSE customers, at both an execution and supervisory level and b) for sales and business development activities. You will provide specialist technical leadership and support in the areas of Process Monitoring and Optimisation for our new and existing project installations.
This position is in PSE’s gPROMS Operational Excellence Solutions (gOES) group. The group’s projects are world-wide. The role will focus on providing advanced model-based process optimisation and technical support for existing facilities and new projects, with specific emphasis on interacting with our clients’ current control systems and data historians.
It is a client facing role that requires a self-motivated individual capable of building strong technical relationships with major customers and who has strong communication and persuasion skills along with excellent process, industry and technical knowledge.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Lead the execution of OES projects
- Work with our clients to understand their project objectives
- Design PSE’s OE solutions to match client objectives within PSE’s delivery capability
- Define project milestones and schedule as appropriate
- Execute projects, liaising with clients as appropriate
- Manage the creation and Implementation of appropriate Human-Machine Interfaces and Dashboards
- Lead on-site teams installing PSE’s Digital Applications Platform at client sites, either in the form of Decision Support Advisors or closed-loop Real-Time Optimiser (RTO) systems
- Ensure internal and external documentation is of appropriate content and quality
- Conduct Factory and Site Acceptance Testing and project sign-offs
- Provide ongoing client support via telephone calls and visits
- General Operational Excellence activities
- Undertaking business development and lead generation for OES by presenting and attending events, trade shows, conferences, webinars, etc.
- Proactively initiating new discussions with existing customers and strategic prospects to enable PSE to better understand their goals and challenges and identify potential business opportunities for PSE
- Qualifying opportunities and undertaking pre-sales activities, leading the technical communication on OES with PSE’s prospects and customers
- Supporting customers to implement new and optimise performance of existing process OES and troubleshoot problems
- Preparing and conducting training courses and workshops on-site to help clients improve their OES
- Providing post-sales support to clients regarding
- Feeding back customer and market requirements into new product developments
- Providing marketing support, including demonstration dashboards/OES systems and white papers on model-based process engineering
Required education and skills/experience
- A first or 2.1 degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years professional experience, ideally within an operating company or a major engineering contractor (petrochemical or other heavy industry experience strongly desired).
- Be proficient at using process simulation tools for steady-state, dynamic and optimisation objectives. Experience with gPROMS®, SPEEDUP®, ACM®, Dymola® or another equation-oriented modeling tool is an advantage.
- Programming (PYTHON, FORTRAN, C++) experience is desirable but not essential
- Candidates should also have demonstrated work experience and / or knowledge of:
- Process control applications
- Advanced Process Control technologies including RTO
- Proactively applying engineering and problem solving skills to develop cost effective control application strategies
- Performing process control infrastructure and technology assessments
- Good presentation and client interaction skills
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to prioritise scheduled tasks and react to unexpected problems
- Willing to travel overseas on frequent short business trips (up to 50% of your time)
We offer you:
- Flexible working
- 26 Holidays per year
- Company paid Bank Holidays – 8 statutory days per year
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Free fruit, toast, coffee and biscuits
- Cycle to work scheme
- Great office environment and regular team events
- Money towards professional fees, professional books reimbursed
- External training and career paths
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'