|Employment basis:||Full-Time, Permanent|
|Salary range:||Competitive package|
Consultant Engineer: Role Description
Consultant Engineers in the Fuelcells & Batteries Business Unit work on client projects that involve modelling of processes typical for the Fuelcells & Batteries sector, with the aim to troubleshoot / optimise the design and / or operation of these processes. PSE is leading modelling innovation within this sector and working with several high profile clients to develop new approaches.
The individual will work with the technical and commercial teams within the Fuelcells & Batteries Business Unit (BU) to support the creation of new business opportunities, define the requirements for commercial projects and manage the development of model processes.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Design, development and testing of mathematical models in the area of Fuelcells & Batteries.
- Productisation aspects of these models, including preparation of documentation, training and demonstration materials.
- Implementation of new gFUELCELL models using gPROMS, PSE's modelling and solution platform.
- Maintenance and further development of gFUELCELL models and related IP.
- Gathering requirements, user feedback and enhancement requests.
- Proposing formulations for new models based on internal and customer requirements.
- Configuring existing interfaces and/or identifying needs for enhancements or new interfaces with existing and new tools.
- Building strong relationships with customers and supporting their application of gFUELCELL.
- Project execution and delivery to PSE’s customers.
- Peer review and quality control of work performed by other Consultants.
- Sales and Marketing support, including prospect visits as well as attendance at trade shows and conferences.
Required education and skills/experience
- Either a first grade Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or PhD in Chemical Engineering. A related technical discipline such as Physics or Chemistry may be acceptable depending on other experience.
- An experience in the field of Fuelcells is not essential for the role
- Experience with gPROMS®, ACM®, Dymola® or another equation-oriented modelling tool is an advantage.
- Programming (FORTRAN, C, C++) and CFD/DEM experience is helpful, but not essential.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to prioritise scheduled tasks and react to unexpected problems.
- Willing to travel within EMEA, the Americas and APAC for up to one week per quarter on average.
Process Systems Enterprise Limited (PSE) is one of the world's foremost providers of Advanced Process Modeling technology and model-based engineering and innovation services to the process industries.
PSE's gPROMS advanced process modeling software is used to apply high-fidelity mathematical models of process equipment and phenomena in order to provide high-quality numerical information for decision support in process innovation, design and operation. PSE's own ability to innovate was recognised with the receipt of the prestigious Royal Academy of Engineering MacRobert Award for Engineering Innovation.
PSE extensive Consulting services apply model-based engineering approaches to process design, new process development and plant optimization, combining high-fidelity predictive modeling and modern R&D methodologies to accelerate innovation and manage risk. Our ModelCare call-off expert modeling service helps to ensure rapid delivery of fit-for-purpose projects while building internal modeling infrastructure through transfer of PSE's modeling know-how to customer personnel.
PSE's technology and services are applied in virtually all the major process industry sectors: chemicals & petrochemicals, oil & gas, refining, polymers & plastics, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, power, minerals & mining, consumer goods, food & beverage and pulp & paper, as well as their technology suppliers such as automation and process design companies. PSE's global customer base of Fortune 500 companies is served by operations in the UK (head office), USA, Germany, Japan and Korea,
Since its inception, PSE has been responsible for many breakthrough developments in process modeling and its application to industry, and we continue to push the frontiers with our active investment in R&D.
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'