|Available position:||Senior Applications Engineer|
|Employment basis:||Full-Time, Permanent|
|Location(s):||Parsippany, New Jersey or Houston, Texas - USA|
|Salary range:||Competitive package|
Process Systems Enterprise (PSE) is seeking a Senior Applications Engineer to work in its Energy & Chemicals team to support and further develop the company's rapidly growing business in the Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Petrochemicals and related sectors.
We provide Advanced Process Modeling software and services based on our gPROMS software platform to a global customer base of process organizations, in support of their digital design and operation activities. Our customers include most of the major chemicals & petrochemicals, oil & gas, pharma and other process industry companies around the world.
The Energy & Chemicals markets are key to PSE’s business. PSE’s gPROMS ProcessBuilder modeling environment provides advanced process optimization and global system analysis capabilities underpinned by a high-performance computing framework. Together with industry-leading catalytic reactor and polymerization modeling technology, and the ability to implement high-fidelity models online for operations decision support, these have helped the company develop strong relationships with industry leaders such as BASF, Shell, ExxonMobil and SABIC. PSE is focused on developing and driving the adoption of the next-generation process modeling technology that is at the heart of current digitalization initiatives throughout industry.
We offer you the opportunity to join our internationally-renowned team of experts working in an intellectually stimulating, fast-paced environment with excellent career development opportunities.
A Senior Applications Engineer is responsible for providing technical, solution and modeling support both to PSE’s sales team and directly to customers, within the Energy & Chemicals Business Unit. It is a customer-facing role that requires a self-motivated individual capable of building strong technical relationships with major customers, and who has strong communication and persuasion skills along with excellent process, industry and technical knowledge.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Support the creation of new business opportunities, define the requirements for commercial projects and manage the development of model processes.
- Performing pre-sales activities supporting PSE software and consulting sales, including
- leading technical communication with potential PSE customers, coordinating with PSE subject matter experts where required
- using your technical knowledge to match customers’ requirements to PSE’s software and consulting offerings
- defining and executing software evaluation plans and executing ‘proof-of-concept’ demonstration projects
- responding to written inquiries (e.g. Request For Information).
- Undertaking business development for the Energy & Chemicals BU, including
- presenting PSE’s software and consulting services to prospects
- working closely with the Sales team to provide technical input and guidance
- developing and nurturing prospects to achieve software and consulting sales.
- identifying and targeting sales opportunities and new leads, making targeted sales prospecting calls to existing PSE customers and new prospects where appropriate.
- Technical Account Management aimed at building positive and lasting client relationships to help ensure the continued successful use of PSE’s software products and consulting services
- Providing post-sales product and application support for PSE’s gPROMS software
- Preparing and conducting training courses
- Providing marketing support, including
- technical assistance in preparation of marketing materials (e.g. white papers)
- presenting at and attending at trade shows and conferences.
- Inputting customer and market requirements into new product development:
- gathering requirements, user feedback and enhancement requests
- proposing formulations for new models based on internal and client requirements.
- Maintaining and updating key solution, technical, industry and communication skills
Required education and skills/experience
- A Master’s degree or PhD in Chemical Engineering. A minimum of 3 years commercial experience within the Chemical, Petrochemical, Refining or Oil & Gas industries
- A minimum of 5 years of first-principles modelling experience
- Understanding of the technical, business and regulatory challenges within the Energy and Chemicals sector
- Ability to understand customer requirements and build relationships
- Experience with gPROMS®, SPEEDUP®, ACM®, Dymola® or another equation-oriented modeling tool is an advantage.
- Good presentation and client interaction skills
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to prioritise scheduled tasks and react to unexpected problems
- Willing to travel within the Americas and occasionally Europe
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'