|Available positions:||Applications Engineer|
|Employment basis:||Full-Time, Permanent|
|Salary range:||Competitive package|
Process Systems Enterprise Limited (PSE) is one of the world's foremost providers of process modelling technology and model-based engineering and innovation services to the process industries and their technology suppliers.
Process Systems Enterprise (PSE) is seeking an Applications Engineer to support and further develop PSE's rapidly growing business in Japan.
We provide Advanced Process Modelling software and services based on our gPROMS software platform to a global customer base in many different industry sectors. Our customers include most of the major chemicals & petrochemicals, oil & gas, pharmaceutical and other process industry companies around the world.
We offer you the opportunity to join our internationally-renowned team of experts working in an intellectually stimulating and fast-paced working environment with significant career development opportunities.
An Applications Engineer is responsible for providing technical, solution and modelling support both to PSE’s Sales team and to customers.
It is a client facing role that requires a self-motivated individual capable of building strong technical relationships with major customers, and who has strong communication and persuasion skills along with excellent process, industry and technical knowledge.
In your role you will:
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Business development including
- identifying and targeting sales opportunities and new leads
- making targeted sales prospecting calls to existing PSE customers and new prospects
- presenting PSE’s software and consulting services to prospects
- working closely with the Sales team to provide technical input and guidance
- developing and nurturing prospects to software and consulting sales.
- Pre-sales activities supporting PSE software and consulting sales, including
- leading technical communication with potential PSE customers, coordinating with PSE subject matter experts where required
- mapping clients’ requirements to PSE’s software and consulting offerings
- defining and executing software evaluation plans and executing ‘proof-of-concept’ demonstration projects
- responding to written inquiries (e.g. Request For Information)
- Technical Account Management aimed at building positive and lasting client relationships to help ensure the continued and successful use of PSE’s software products and consulting services
- Providing post-sales product and application support for PSE’s gPROMS software
- Preparing and conducting training courses
- Providing marketing support, including
- technical assistance in preparation of marketing materials (e.g. white papers)
- attendance at trade shows and conferences.
- Input client and market requirements into new product development.
- gathering requirements, user feedback and enhancement requests
- proposing formulations for new models based on internal and customer requirements.
- Maintaining and updating key solution, technical, industry and communication skills
You have these skills:
- Educated to Masters or PhD in Chemical Engineering. A related technical discipline such as Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Chemistry may be acceptable depending on other experience
- Experience of first-principles process modelling with some knowledge of reaction systems and separation systems including distillation, absorption, adsorption or membrane systems
- Experience with ASPEN PLUS®, HYSYS®, PROII® or other similar sequential modular simulation tool is an advantage
- Programming (FORTRAN, C, C++) and CFD/DEM experience is helpful, but not necessary
- Excellent oral and written Japanese language skills. Fluency in English is also essential to work well with the rest of our organisation
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to prioritise scheduled tasks and react to unexpected problems
You also have:
- Willing to travel within APAC and occasionally EMEA Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Resilient under pressure
Process Systems Enterprise Limited (PSE) is the world's leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling technology and related model-based engineering and innovation services to the process industries. PSE is transforming the way the process industries design and operate. We bring new ways to create and capture sustainable value with rapid returns on investment, by providing new ways to deal with complexity, uncertainty and risk, and to make breakthrough innovation.
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'