Business Development Manager – Energy & Chemicals
About Siemens Processing Systems Engineering
Siemens Process Systems Engineering is the leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling software, services and solutions to the process industries. We help our customers to apply advanced process models based on our gPROMS platform technology for digital process design and operations. This enables them to explore the process decision space rapidly, reduce uncertainty and risk and make better, faster and safer design and operating decisions through deeper understanding of their processes.
Currently employing about 280+ employees worldwide, SPSE has a well-established reputation for thought leadership and technology innovation, achieved via a substantial R&D program spanning more than two decades. Following its recent acquisition by Siemens AG, the company is now embarking on a major further expansion of its R&D and business development activities. One of the main growth markets for SPSE is Energy & Chemicals (Chemicals, Petrochemicals, Refining and specialist practices such as Process Safety, Reactors and Fuel cell technology).
SPSE’s customers include many of the world’s leading Energy & Chemicals companies, and we have an active pipeline of ground-breaking projects focused on optimising design and operations of large-scale and complex plants. We are making significant investment in expanding our core markets, and as a result are expanding our sales and delivery teams in key global locations.
You will be responsible for sales of software and services into SPSE’s Energy & Chemicals sector. You must know how to research a customer to identify potential sales opportunities, identify the right people to approach and then engage in a way that you can both discover a customer’s business challenges and articulate SPSE’s unique value to them.Being part of a large organization is a competitive advantage when you can leverage the existing networks and relationships; therefore, being a good team player is essential for this role. You also must be skilled, confident, and self-motivated in constantly creating new business opportunities within existing accounts and new name prospects.
What skills you should have:
- Sell software & services into the NALA region.
- Build, maintain and execute a territory plan.
- Pro-actively and constantly instigate new discussions within accounts and strategic prospects to enable SPSE to understand and discover customer goals and challenges relevant to opportunities for SPSE.
- Lead cross-functional teams on sales campaigns, directing and working with technical pre-sales and consulting to achieve desired outcomes.
- Accurately forecast sales pipeline and current quarter close in Salesforce and consistently exceed quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Predict and articulate the needs of your customers to the Executive team to enable these requirements to be translated into long term strategic deliverable solutions.
- Work collaboratively with Siemens sales colleagues to leverage existing relationships and identify new points of entry into new and existing customer organizations.
- Up to approximately 50%-60% travel on a weekly basis, in a normal business climate.
What skills we are looking for:
- You must have at least 7 years’ experience in a quota carrying sales role with a verifiable track record of achievement.
- You must be experienced in account management, and applying solution selling strategies within the process modelling or related industries.
- You must be able to demonstrate an ability to translate technical benefits into business benefits and ROI and be adept at securing meetings with senior level customer contacts.
- You must be degree qualified in a relevant subject.We hire salespeople who are also technically credible and have the background awareness and knowledge to be able to engage in a meaningful business and process optimisation discussion.A degree in Chemical Engineering and knowledge of process design and operations in our key industries is preferred but not essential. You should be familiar with Energy & Chemical companies business strategies and procurement practices and have an existing network of contacts in the community. An understanding of key accounts and projects in these verticals would be advantageous.
- Self-driven and self-motivated entrepreneurial mind-set with exceptional interpersonal skills combined with strong organisational and analytical skills.
- First class communication and presentation skills.
What we offer you:
We operate an open, diverse, and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. We have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
As a SPSE employee, you will benefit from:
- Flexible, relaxed environment working with a friendly and highly educated team
- 22 Holidays per year plus US public holidays
- 401k matching
- Excellent Medical benefits
- Group life assurance
- Regular team events
- External training and career paths
- Employment within a Siemens business
SPSE is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The White House issued an Executive Order on September 9, 2021 requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19. As a result all Siemens employees (including SPSE employees) and contingent workers are required to be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021. This role will fall under this mandate.
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the button 'Apply here'
- Full Stack Software Developer
- Senior Consultant Engineer
- Digital Applications Front End Developer
- Graduate Applications Engineer
- Applications Engineer - Bioprocessing
- Graduate Applications Engineer - Bioprocessing
- Consultant, Formulated Products
- Graduate Consultant – Formulated Products
- Senior Applications Engineer, Energy & Chemicals
- C++ Software Developer, Digital Applications
- Consultant Engineer
- Junior IT/OT Solutions Engineer
- Business Development Manager – Energy & Chemicals
- Talent Acquisition Partner
- Business Development Manager
- QA/Test Analyst
If you are interested in working for Siemens Process Systems Engineering but can't currently see a suitable role please click here.