Junior IT/OT Solutions Engineer
Department Digital Applications
Employment basis Full-Time, Permanent
Location London, UK
Salary Competitive package
About Siemens Process Systems Enterprise (SPSE)
Passionate, visionary, collaborative and professional; these are some of the things that our customers have said about SPSE. From our employees’ perspective, we operate an open, diverse, multinational and flexible culture, providing independence, an opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. The friendly and supportive working environment with our focus on training and development means that people tend to stay and grow with the company.
SPSE is focused on developing and driving the adoption of the next-generation process modelling technology that is at the heart of current digitalisation initiatives throughout industry.
About Digital Application Projects at SPSE
At SPSE, the gPROMS Digital Applications Team work on Digital Application Projects (DAPs), aiming to design and deliver to our customers in the process industry a Digital Application as a fully deployed, working software system to fulfil an agreed function. We run DAPs for our clients’ assets around the world. Recent implementations include
- Real-time optimization of utilities costs and CO2 emissions for a large refinery
- Real-time yield optimization for an olefins plant
- Operator decision support for a chemical reactor
Digital Application Projects integrate a mathematical model of the physical process with plant IT systems including plant historians, distributed control systems, SQL servers and other systems, considering plant safety and cybersecurity policies, and plant workflows.
We are now looking for a highly motivated Junior IT/OT Solutions Engineer to join our gPROMS Digital Applications team. As an IT/OT Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for providing IT/OT expertise for our growing Digital Application Projects, focusing on the integration of our solutions with real-time plant IT systems including plant historian, distributed control system, SQL server, considering existing plant safety and cybersecurity policies and plant operations workflows. You will also provide operational support to the team in the maintenance and administration of its internal development systems and processes.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide technical support to Digital Application Projects assigned to you
- Assist colleagues with IT queries and issues, including (but not limited to) Windows Server management, SQL, security and permissions and batch scripting
- Assist colleagues with OT queries and issues, including (but not limited to) OPC, interface to plant automation systems (Historian, SCADA, DCS)
- Align solution implementation with specific client IT, OT and cybersecurity requirements and standards
- Support Factory and Site Acceptance Tests
- Provide client support via telephone calls and visits
- Take ownership of internal systems key to the development of Digital Application Projects
- Maintain and administer a VMWare-based infrastructure and manage project requests
- Manage and help improve internal processes to enhance support for Digital Application projects
Required education and skills/experience
- Related degree or qualification in IT or computer science. Completed apprenticeships and equivalent technical qualifications will be considered
- Desirable knowledge of IT and cybersecurity systems
- managing Windows environments, including authentication and permissions management, LDAP, event logging and windows services
- ovulnerability reporting tools
- communication protocols like ODBC (or JDBC), OPC etc.
- security and plant cybersecurity: routing/switching, firewall configuration, remote access
- ovirtualisation technology, e.g. VMWare
- Microsoft SQL Server (or other)
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritise scheduled tasks and react to unexpected problems
- Willing to travel overseas on short business trips as required to support projects
What we offer you:
- Flexible working
- 26 days of holiday per year, plus 8 days of statutory Bank Holidays
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Excellent career development
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox discount platform
- Great office environment, with free fruit, coffee and biscuits, and regular social events
- Reimbursement of professional registration and cost of professional books
- Internal coaching sessions with a Professional Coach
SPSE is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the button 'Apply here'
- Applications Engineer, Formulated Products
- Full Stack Software Developer
- Senior Consultant Engineer
- Business Development Director, Formulated Products
- Senior Business Development Director – Energy & Chemicals
- Business Development Director
- Graduate Applications Engineer
- Applications Engineer - Bioprocessing
- Graduate Applications Engineer - Bioprocessing
- Consultant, Formulated Products
- Graduate Consultant – Formulated Products
- Senior Applications Engineer, Energy & Chemicals
- C++ Software Developer, Digital Applications
- Consultant Engineer
- Junior IT/OT Solutions Engineer
- Business Development Manager – Energy & Chemicals
If you are interested in working for Siemens Process Systems Engineering but can't currently see a suitable role please click here.