C++ Software Developer, Digital Applications
Department Digital Applications Platform Group
Employment basis Full-Time, permanent
Location Hammersmith, UK
Start date Immediate
Salary range: Competitive package
Siemens Process Systems Engineering (SPSE) is the leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling software and digital design and operation technology and services to the process industries. Our products enable our customers to explore the process decision space rapidly, reduce uncertainty and risk and make better, faster and safer design and operating decisions through deeper understanding of their processes.
Currently employing over 280 staff worldwide, SPSE has a well-established reputation for thought leadership and technology innovation, achieved via a substantial R&D programme spanning more than two decades. Following its recent acquisition by Siemens AG, the company is now embarking on a major further expansion of its R&D activities.
SPSE is a world leader in the development of sophisticated Digital Applications for decision support and control of complex processes. We’re building a brand new, legacy-free, intelligent automation platform for this area, putting together a brilliant team of software architects, developers, designers and modelling experts. We’re using state-of-the-art machine-learning and optimization algorithms to tackle ground-breaking problems that make a real impact on our world.
You will work closely with our Principal Engineers, Architects and Quality Assurance team. You will be involved in the full development cycle from initial design stages through to release. Our modular platform means we can have short development cycles, so you can focus on delivering the components that will help our users the most. It also gives you the freedom to grow and take on responsibility, for example owning new components or writing new platform extensions, while being supported and guided by more experienced team members.
What qualifications and experience you should have
- At least 2-3 years proven experience of Modern C++
- Understanding and experience in Software Engineering practices and the Software Development lifecycle
- Experience in developing scalable, distributed, real time applications
- Experience in version control
- Experience in unit testing and continuous integration
- Cross-platform software development (MS Windows and Linux)
- Familiarity with multi-threading
- Familiarity with data streaming and database technologies
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, bash etc.)
What skills and attributes we are looking for
- Keen to learn and stay at the cutting edge of software best practices
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to communicate well in oral & written communication
What we offer you
We operate an open, diverse and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. We have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
As a SPSE employee, you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- 26 days of holiday per year, plus 8 days of statutory Bank Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive internal and external training programs
- Excellent career development
- Internal coaching sessions with a Professional Coach
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox discount platform
- Great office environment, with free fruit, coffee and biscuits, and regular social events
- Reimbursement of subscriptions to professional bodies and cost of professional books
SPSE is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'
Apply hereMore Information
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the button 'Apply here'
- Applications Engineer, Formulated Products
- Full Stack Software Developer
- Senior Consultant Engineer
- Business Development Director, Formulated Products
- Senior Business Development Director – Energy & Chemicals
- Business Development Director
- Graduate Applications Engineer
- Applications Engineer - Bioprocessing
- Graduate Applications Engineer - Bioprocessing
- Consultant, Formulated Products
- Graduate Consultant – Formulated Products
- Senior Applications Engineer, Energy & Chemicals
- C++ Software Developer, Digital Applications
- Consultant Engineer
- Junior IT/OT Solutions Engineer
- Business Development Manager – Energy & Chemicals
If you are interested in working for Siemens Process Systems Engineering but can't currently see a suitable role please click here.