Graduate Consultant – Formulated Products
Department Formulated Products
Employment basis Full-Time, Permanent
Location Hammersmith, London, UK
Salary Competitive package
Siemens Process Systems Engineering (SPSE) overview
Passionate, visionary, collaborative and professional; these are some of the things that our customers have said about SPSE. From our employees’ perspective, we operate an open, diverse, multinational and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. Therefore, people tend to stay a long time and grow with the company because at SPSE we all have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
We are now looking for highly motivated Graduate Consultant to work in our Formulated Products business unit, which includes Life Sciences, Agrochemicals, Food & Beverage and Consumer Packaged Goods. SPSE has developed some unique software and consulting services specifically for these markets and developed strong relationships with global multi-national 'household names'. In EMEA this includes AstraZeneca, Roche, Danone, Nestle, and Syngenta and in North America the customer base includes Pfizer, Eli Lilly, Procter & Gamble, Merck and the FDA.
SPSE is a Gold Corporate Partner of the IChemE and in exchange, you will join our accredited training scheme that offers you a work-based training program that combines formal training, structured on-the-job learning experience, mentoring to gain practical working experience and development to progress being a Chartered Engineer.
A Graduate Consultant in the Technology Services group of Formulated Products works on client projects that involve application of existing and/or new gPROMS Formulated Products functionality with the aim to increase R&D efficiency, optimise the design and operation of manufacturing processes, optimise product formulations, etc. The format of these projects ranges from 1-week on-site workshops to projects that run over a period of a few months (with a few weeks’ effort) where most work is done at SPSE’s premises. The objective of these projects is typically to demonstrate value of the mechanistic modelling approaches in gPROMS FormulatedProducts and help clients develop digital twins of their processes for offline and online deployment.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Execution of consulting projects
- Applying existing gPROMS FormulatedProducts model libraries to industrial problems presented by our clients
- Developing and applying first-principles mathematical models where an off-the-shelf solution is not present
- Preparing model formulation documentation and project reports
- Ensure projects are delivered to the highest quality and within budgeted cost and time
- Active participation in client/team meetings and working activities
- Contributing to group activities and knowledgebase, including delivery of technical seminars
- Preparing training and demonstration materials
- Customer support in their application of our products, including preparing and conducting training courses, helpdesk, and direct support request
- Managing post-sales customer interaction to enable growth
- Product enhancement, identification and tracking of bugs encountered while working on customer applications.
- Implementing and maintaining library models, making maximal use of common re-usable components ensuring interoperability and a consistent look-and-feel
- Development of success stories for customer presentations to SPSE and external events.
Graduates will be enrolled on SPSE’s graduate scheme and given the opportunity to undertake rotations within non-hiring basis functions. This includes working within the product development and applications engineering teams. The scheme helps graduates to develop a broad range of competencies and gain exposure to the wider business, whilst providing diverse career and professional development opportunities.
Required education and skills/experience:
- A First or 2:1 Master’s degree [LR1][AG2]in Chemical, Biochemical, Pharmaceutical or Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Self-motivated individual capable of building strong technical relationships with major customers, and who has strong oral and written communication skills along with excellent process, industry and technical knowledge.
- Experience of carrying out first-principles modelling.
- Experience with gPROMS®, SPEEDUP®, ACM®, Dymola® or another equation-oriented modelling tool is advantageous but not essential.
- Programming (FORTRAN, Python, C, C++) and CFD/DEM experience is helpful, but not necessary.
- Ability to take on challenges and work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to understand customer requirements, build relationships and focus on generating commercial value.
- Knowledge of the formulated products industries and appreciation of the manufacturing processes typically employed in the manufacture of formulated products is of benefit.
What we offer you:
We operate an open, diverse, and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. We have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
As a SPSE employee, you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- 26 days of holiday per year, plus 8 days of statutory Bank Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive internal and external training programme
- Excellent career development
- Internal coaching sessions with a Professional Coach
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox discount platform
- Great office environment, with free fruit, coffee and biscuits, and regular social events
- Reimbursement of subscriptions to professional bodies and cost of professional books
SPSE is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the button 'Apply here'
- C++ Developers (Future Opportunities)
- Java Developers (Future Opportunities)
- Campaign Manager - Energy
- C++ (Numerics) Software Developer
- Full Stack Software Developer
- Senior Consultant Engineer
- Business Development Director, Formulated Products
- QA/Test Analyst
- Senior Consultant Engineer - Digital Applications
- DevOps Engineer
- Digital Applications Front End Developer
- Senior Business Development Director – Energy & Chemicals
- Business Development Director
- Graduate Applications Engineer
- Applications Engineer - Bioprocessing
- Graduate Applications Engineer - Bioprocessing
- Consultant, Formulated Products
- Graduate Consultant – Formulated Products
- Summer Internship - Consultant Engineer
- Internship – Consultant Engineer, 6 or 12-month
If you are interested in working for Siemens Process Systems Engineering but can't currently see a suitable role please click here.