Consultant, Formulated Products
Department Formulated Products
Employment basis Full-Time, Permanent
Location Hammersmith, London, UK
Salary Competitive package
Siemens Process Systems Engineering (SPSE) overview
Passionate, visionary, collaborative and professional; these are some of the things that our customers have said about SPSE. From our employees’ perspective, we operate an open, diverse, multinational and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. Therefore, people tend to stay a long time and grow with the company because at SPSE we all have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
We are now looking for highly motivated Consultant to work in our Formulated Products business unit, which includes Life Sciences, Agrochemicals, Food & Beverage and Consumer Packaged Goods. SPSE has developed some unique software and consulting services specifically for these markets and developed strong relationships with global multi-national 'household names'. In EMEA this includes AstraZeneca, Roche, Danone, Nestle, and Syngenta and in North America the customer base includes Pfizer, Eli Lilly, Procter & Gamble, Merck and the FDA.
SPSE is a Gold Corporate Partner of the IChemE and in exchange, you will join our accredited training scheme that offers you a work-based training program that combines formal training, structured on-the-job learning experience, mentoring to gain practical working experience and development to progress being a Chartered Engineer.
A Consultant in the Technology Services group of Formulated Products will be responsible for executing and eventually leading client projects involving application of existing and/or new gPROMS FormulatedProducts functionality with the aim to increase R&D efficiency, optimise the design and operation of manufacturing processes, optimise product formulations, etc. The individual must be able to work with a team on these projects and successfully deliver them within the project timelines. The format of these projects ranges from 1-week on-site workshops to projects that run over a period of a few months (with a few weeks’ effort) where most work is done at SPSE’s premises. From time-to-time, you may be expected to support the technical and other aspects of sales activities, provide solutions to clients, manage post-sales customer interaction to enable growth, promote the company at conferences and trade shows, lead the planning and delivery of workshops to clients and feedback client and market requirements to the product development team.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Delivering consulting projects
- Applying existing gPROMS FormulatedProducts model libraries to industrial problems presented by our clients
- Developing and applying first-principles mathematical models where an off-the-shelf solution is not present
- Preparing model formulation documentation and project reports
- Ensure projects are delivered to the highest quality and within budgeted cost and time
- Active participation in client/team meetings and working activities
- Contributing to group activities and knowledgebase, including delivery of technical seminars
- Customer support in their application of our products, including preparing and conducting training courses, helpdesk, and direct support request
- Product enhancement, identification and tracking of bugs encountered while working on customer applications.
- Implementing and maintaining library models, making maximal use of common re-usable components ensuring interoperability and a consistent look-and-feel
- Business development and lead generation through presenting at and attending events, trade shows, consortia meetings, webinars etc.
- Pro-actively instigate new discussions within accounts and prospects to enable SPSE to understand and discover customer goals and challenges relevant to opportunities.
- Build positive and lasting client relationships to drive continued successful use of SPSE’s software products and services.
Required education and skills/experience:
- A PhD degree in Chemical, Biochemical, Pharmaceutical or Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
- First-principles or mechanistic modelling experience.
- Experience with gPROMS®, SPEEDUP®, ACM®, Dymola® or another equation-oriented modelling tool is an advantage
- Programming (FORTRAN, Python, C, C++) and CFD/DEM experience is helpful, but not necessary.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
- Ability to take on challenges and work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to prioritise scheduled tasks and react to unexpected problems
- Ability to understand customer requirements, build relationships and focus on generating commercial value.
- Knowledge of the formulated products industries and appreciation of the manufacturing processes typically employed in the manufacture of formulated products is of benefit.
What we offer you:
We operate an open, diverse, and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. We have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
As a SPSE employee, you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- 26 days of holiday per year, plus 8 days of statutory Bank Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive internal and external training programme
- Excellent career development
- Internal coaching sessions with a Professional Coach
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox discount platform
- Great office environment, with free fruit, coffee and biscuits, and regular social events
- Reimbursement of subscriptions to professional bodies and cost of professional books
SPSE is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the button 'Apply here'
- C++ Developers (Future Opportunities)
- Java Developers (Future Opportunities)
- Campaign Manager - Energy
- C++ (Numerics) Software Developer
- Full Stack Software Developer
- Senior Consultant Engineer
- Business Development Director, Formulated Products
- QA/Test Analyst
- Senior Consultant Engineer - Digital Applications
- DevOps Engineer
- Digital Applications Front End Developer
- Senior Business Development Director – Energy & Chemicals
- Business Development Director
- Graduate Applications Engineer
- Applications Engineer - Bioprocessing
- Graduate Applications Engineer - Bioprocessing
- Consultant, Formulated Products
- Graduate Consultant – Formulated Products
- Summer Internship - Consultant Engineer
- Internship – Consultant Engineer, 6 or 12-month
If you are interested in working for Siemens Process Systems Engineering but can't currently see a suitable role please click here.