Graduate Applications Engineer
Department Formulated Products
Employment basis Full-Time, Permanent
Location Parsippany, New Jersey, USA
Salary Competitive package
Siemens Process Systems Engineering (SPSE) overview
Siemens Process Systems Engineering (SPSE) is the leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling software, and digital design and operation technology and services to the process industries. We help our customers to apply advanced process models based on our gPROMS platform technology. This enables them to explore the process decision space rapidly, reduce uncertainty and risk and make better, faster and safer design and operating decisions through a deeper understanding of their processes.
Currently employing 250+ staff worldwide, SPSE has a well-established reputation for thought leadership and technology innovation, achieved via a substantial R&D programme spanning more than two decades. Following its recent acquisition by Siemens AG, the company is now embarking on a major further expansion of its R&D activities.
Passionate, visionary, collaborative and professional; these are some of the things that our customers have said about SPSE. From our employees’ perspective, we operate an open, diverse, multinational and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. Therefore, people tend to stay a long time and grow with the company because at SPSE we all have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
We are now looking for a highly motivated Graduate Applications Engineer to work in our Formulated Products business unit, which includes Life Sciences, Agrochemicals, Food & Beverage, Mining & Minerals and Consumer Packaged Goods. SPSE has developed some unique software and consulting services specifically for these markets and developed strong relationships with global multi-national 'household names', such as Pfizer, Eli Lilly, Procter & Gamble, Merck and the FDA.
The Applications Engineer role is a varied position which involves working with our product development team, communicating with our clients on the technical aspects of a project and applying gPROMS Formulated Products for a wide variety of applications. It also involves supporting the growth of SPSE software use and sale by building and maintaining knowledge transfer material which aid in the instruction of new and existing users.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Helping existing and potential customers apply SPSE’s mechanistic modelling tools to industrial cases
- Ability to support customers in their application of the products and working with the sales team to deliver growth
- Supporting client take-up of the products through the delivery of high-quality training and support
- Implementing and maintaining library models, making maximal use of common re-usable components ensuring interoperability and a consistent look-and-feel
- Product enhancement through the identification and tracking of bugs encountered while working on customer applications
- Execution of client consulting projects that involve application of existing and/or new gPROMS Formulated Products functionality, with the aim to increase R&D efficiency, optimize the design and operation of manufacturing processes etc.
- Assisting in the creation of new workshop material and extending existing workshop material for deployment via virtual or on demand training
- Working with SPSE product experts to develop demo and video tutorials of workflows involving modelling and experimentation
- Creating new example projects showcasing the use of library models as well as the platform functionalities for release with the installer
- Business development and lead generation through presenting at and attending events, trade shows, consortia meetings, webinars etc.
- Pro-actively instigating new discussions within accounts and prospects to enable SPSE to understand and discover customer goals and challenges, relevant to opportunities for SPSE
Required education and skills/experience
- A Master’s degree in Chemical, Biochemical, Pharmaceutical or Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- Self-motivated individual capable of building strong technical relationships with major customers, and who has strong oral and written communication skills along with excellent process, industry and technical knowledge
- First-principles or mechanistic modelling experience
- Experience with gPROMS®, SPEEDUP®, ACM®, Dymola® or another equation-oriented modelling tool is advantageous but not essential
- Programming (FORTRAN, Python, C, C++) and CFD/DEM experience is helpful, but not necessary
- Ability to take on challenges and work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to understand customer requirements, build relationships and focus on generating commercial value
- Knowledge of the formulated products industries (particularly pharmaceuticals and food) and appreciation of the manufacturing processes typically employed in the manufacture of formulated products is of benefit
What we offer you:
- Flexible, relaxed environment working with a friendly and highly educated team
- Hybrid working policy offering more flexibility
- 22 Holidays per year plus US public holidays
- 401k matched up to 5%
- Medical insurance – choice of 3 plans, some of which have 0% contribution and flexible savings account
- Life insurance
- Training and career development
- Reimbursement of professional registration
SPSE is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the button 'Apply here'
- C++ Developers (Future Opportunities)
- Java Developers (Future Opportunities)
- Campaign Manager - Energy
- C++ (Numerics) Software Developer
- Full Stack Software Developer
- Senior Consultant Engineer
- Business Development Director, Formulated Products
- QA/Test Analyst
- Senior Consultant Engineer - Digital Applications
- DevOps Engineer
- Digital Applications Front End Developer
- Senior Business Development Director – Energy & Chemicals
- Business Development Director
- Graduate Applications Engineer
- Applications Engineer - Bioprocessing
- Graduate Applications Engineer - Bioprocessing
- Consultant, Formulated Products
- Graduate Consultant – Formulated Products
- Summer Internship - Consultant Engineer
- Internship – Consultant Engineer, 6 or 12-month
If you are interested in working for Siemens Process Systems Engineering but can't currently see a suitable role please click here.