Department Software Development Group
Employment basis Full-Time, permanent
Location Hammersmith, UK
Start date Immediate
Salary range: Competitive package
Siemens Process Systems Engineering Limited (SPSE) is a software development company delivering leading Advanced Process Modelling software (the gPROMS Platform) and related model-based engineering and services to the process industries.
We work with all the major process industry sectors including chemicals and petrochemicals, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, life sciences, food, power and many more. Not sure what a process industry is? It is an industry that is concerned with the processing of bulk resources or materials and turning them into other products. Think about how your toothpaste or pain relief medication is made. It also involves managing resources like power, wastewater and carbon capture.
Our customers comprise many of the largest companies in the world. Some of them you will have heard of, others you may have heard of or used their brands.
SPSE’s software products and services help our customers improve their processes and product designs, enhance their operations, and be more efficient and effective during the R&D phase. For example, our software is being used in the design and development of Fuel Cell technology, the next big thing in electric vehicles.
We are now looking for QA/Test Analysts with a keen interest and proven skills in manual and/or automated testing of complex software. You will be part of an international, friendly and supportive Quality Assurance team who strive to ensure the highest possible quality for SPSE’s world-leading suite of desktop and web-based applications.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Employing static testing methodologies (e.g. Inspection) to ensure the quality aspects of documents used to define new products, features and functions.
- Creating, reviewing and/or executing Test Scripts, both manual and automated.
- Performing static testing on product deliverables (Libraries, Examples and documentation).
- Performing Functional, Non-Functional and Regression Testing on a variety of Operating System platforms and/or browsers, using developed Examples.
- Recording and reporting any defects or anomalies observed during testing and verifying the resolutions to those defects or anomalies.
- Acting as ‘QA Point-Of-Contact’ for development projects, representing the QA function at project meetings and reporting on the progress with the testing of project deliverables.
- Collaborating closely with other gPROMS Platform developers, the Quality Assurance team and our Consultant Engineers to achieve the above objectives.
What qualifications and experience you should have
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation qualification
- Familiarity with MS Windows and/or Linux
- Familiarity with a variety of browsers (e.g. Chrome, Firefox)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle methodologies
- Knowledge, or experience, of using SPSE products (e.g. gPROMS ModelBuilder, etc.)
- Knowledge of Chemical Engineering
- Knowledge, or experience, of Python, TestComplete, TestCafe
What skills and attributes we are looking for
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High level of competency in written and oral communication in English
- Resilience under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
What we offer you
We operate an open, diverse and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. We have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
As a SPSE employee, you will benefit from:
- Competitve salary
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- 26 days of holiday per year, plus 8 days of statutory Bank Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive internal and external training programs
- Excellent career development
- Internal coaching sessions with a Professional Coach
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox discount platform
- Great office environment, with free fruit, coffee and biscuits, and regular social events
- Reimbursement of subscriptions to professional bodies and cost of professional books.
SPSE is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the button 'Apply here'
- C++ Developers (Future Opportunities)
- C++ (Numerics) Software Developer
- Full Stack Software Developer
- Senior Consultant Engineer
- QA/Test Analyst
- Senior Consultant Engineer - Digital Applications
- DevOps Engineer
- Business Development Director, Formulated Products
- Campaign Manager - Energy
- Java Developers (Future Opportunities)
If you are interested in working for Siemens Process Systems Engineering but can't currently see a suitable role please click here.