Business Development Director, Formulated Products
Siemens Process Systems Engineering (SPSE) Overview
SPSE is the world's leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling technology and related model-based engineering and innovation services to the process industries. We help our customers to apply advanced process models based on our gPROMS platform technology. This enables them to rapidly explore the process decision space, reduce uncertainty and risk and make better, faster and safer design and operating decisions through deeper understanding of their processes. SPSE has recently been acquired by Siemens, allowing the two complementary technologies to create integrated digitalization across the entire model-based plant operation.
SPSE is expanding rapidly and currently employs approximately 280 staff engaged in sales, product development, software development, client consulting services and marketing.
An area of strategic growth and investment for SPSE are the so-called 'Formulated Products' industries, which include Life Sciences, Agrochemicals, Food & Beverage and Consumer Packaged Goods. SPSE has developed some unique software and consulting services specifically for these markets and developed strong reference accounts, all of whom are global multi-national 'household names’ for example Pfizer, Lilly, P&G, AstraZeneca, GSK, Roche and Syngenta. This, combined with the establishment of a dedicated cross-functional Business Unit to focus exclusively on these markets, provides an extremely strong platform for SPSE's growth in these sectors.
The Business Development Director will be responsible for generating new sales of software and services into SPSE’s Formulated Products sector in China. This position will require an individual that knowshow to research a customer to identify potential sales opportunities, identify the right people to approach and then engage in a way that they can both discover a customer’s business challenges and articulate SPSE’s unique value to them. SPSE is a high growth business, therefore this individual must be skilled, confident and self-motivated in constantly creating new business opportunities within existing accounts and new name prospects.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Sell software & services into the China region.
- Build, maintain and execute a territory plan.
- Pro-actively and constantly instigate new discussions within accounts and strategic prospects to enable SPSE to understand and discover customer goals and challenges relevant to opportunities for SPSE.
- Lead cross-functional teams on sales campaigns, directing and working with technical pre-sales and consulting to achieve desired outcomes.
- Develop accounts by building long-term strategic relationships and plans with senior level customer contacts while engaging tactically within divisional or departmental groups to develop new business opportunities. Need to be able to have technically meaningful conversations building opportunities to include SPSE technical experts when qualified.
- Accurately forecast sales pipeline and current quarter close in Salesforce and consistently exceed quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Predict and articulate the needs of our customers to the Executive team to enable these requirements to be translated into long term strategic deliverable solutions.
- Up to approximately 50%-60% travel on a weekly basis.
What skills you should have:
- Must have at least 8 years’ experience in a quota carrying sales role with a verifiable track record of achievement.
- Must be experienced in applying solution selling strategies within the process modelling or related industries.
- Must be degree qualified in a relevant subject. We hire sales people who are also technically credible and have the background awareness and knowledge to be able to engage in a meaningful business and process optimisation discussion. A degree in Chemical Engineering is highly preferred. Knowledge of process design and operations in our key industries is essential.
- Should be familiar with Pharmaceutical, Food and Beverage, Fast Moving consumer goods companies business strategies and procurement practices and have an existing network of contacts in the community. An understanding of key accounts and projects in these verticals would be advantageous.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to translate technical benefits into business benefits and ROI and be adept at securing meetings with senior level customer contacts.
- Self-driven and self-motivated entrepreneurial mind-set with exceptional interpersonal skills combined with strong organisational and analytical skills.
- First class communication and presentation skills.
- Working level of English to communicate with other SPSE teams is required.
SPSE is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the button 'Apply here'
- C++ Developers (Future Opportunities)
- C++ (Numerics) Software Developer
- Full Stack Software Developer
- Senior Consultant Engineer
- QA/Test Analyst
- Senior Consultant Engineer - Digital Applications
- DevOps Engineer
- Business Development Director, Formulated Products
- Campaign Manager - Energy
- Java Developers (Future Opportunities)
If you are interested in working for Siemens Process Systems Engineering but can't currently see a suitable role please click here.