Senior Consultant Engineer
Department Siemens Process Systems Engineering Asian/Pacific Technical Service Team
Employment basis Full-Time, Permanent
Location Daejeon or Seoul, Korea
Salary Competitive package
Siemens Process Systems Engineering (SPSE) overview:
Digital transformation is a major topic for the process industries (in sectors such as chemicals, petrochemicals, oil&gas, refinery, energy, pharmaceuticals, food and mining). Advanced Process Models play a central role in both digital design and intelligent digital operations by capturing deep process knowledge in a way that can be leveraged within Digital Twins to generate value over the lifetime of the process.
PSE (Process Systems Enterprise) is the world’s leading suppliers of Advanced Process Modelling technology, in the form of our gPROMS platform technology and related digital design and innovation services to the process industries. PSE is also a leader in intelligent digital operations solutions, where deep process knowledge is applied within online automation solutions to create daily value for operating plants.
PSE and Siemens successfully and closely cooperated over many years in the past and PSE was acquired by Siemens in October 2019. PSE joined the Digital Industries Operating Company in the Process Automation Business Unit (DI PA) of Siemens and is now called “Siemens Process Systems Engineering”.
SPSE has offices in London, UK (headquarters), the USA, Germany, Japan, China and Korea. The Korean office in Daejeon was opened in January 2008 to address the rapidly-growing Korea market for its software and services and has been growing continuously over the past 13 years.
Passionate, visionary, collaborative and professional; these are some of the things that our customers have said about SPSE. From our employees’ perspective, we operate an open, diverse, multinational and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. Therefore, people tend to stay a long time and grow with the company because at SPSE we all have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
In response to ever-growing demands from Korean and worldwide customers, we are now looking for highly motivated Senior Consultant Engineers to work in our SPSE APAC Technical Service Team. Engineers are responsible for providing technical solution and process engineering consulting and support a) for PSE customers at both an execution and supervisory level, and b) for sales and business development activities using our software products such as gPROMS Process and gPROMS Formulated Products. Our customers include most of the major chemicals & petrochemicals and oil & gas companies such as ExxonMobil, Shell, SABIC, Hanwha TOTAL Petrochemical, Hyosung, LG Chem, SK Chemicals, SK Innovation, WONIK materials and so on.Key responsibilities:
This position is highly technical, and will include significant interactions with customers as well as consulting, sales and development teams in various business units within SPSE. This position encompasses a variety of duties and responsibilities including the following:
- Deploying and applying the first-principles mathematical models to provide values to clients
- Executing and supporting consulting projects using our gPROMS software (and CFD software such as STAR-CCM+ and FLUENT - CFD is not essential for this position at the moment): ensure that projects which are executed or supported by you are delivered to the highest quality and within budgeted cost and time
- Supporting business development: include visiting prospects, developing presentations, attending trade shows, presenting at seminars and conferences and publishing related work.
- Supporting current and potential customers in their applications of our products: include developing, preparing and delivering training courses, and understanding and solving customers’ direct support requests via visit, phone and email
- Technical Account Management aimed at building positive and lasting client relationships to help ensure the continued and successful use of our products and consulting services
- Technical solution development to enhance the range of PSE’s product content: Input customer and market requirements into new product development
- A Masters in Process, Chemical, or Petroleum Engineering or equivalent experience with a minimum of 5 years’ industrial experience
- A PhD in Process, Chemical, or Petroleum Engineering or equivalent experience with a minimum of 3 years’ industrial experience
- Experience in developing and applying first-principles mathematical models
- Experience in process system modelling tools
- The application of custom modelling (gPROMS®, SPEEDUP®, Aspen Custom Modeller®, Dymola®, MATLAB or another equation-oriented modelling tool) to solving process system modelling problems
- The application of process system modelling tools (gPROMS, Aspen Plus® and another tool) to the applications related to chemicals, petrochemicals, oil and gas, refinery and so on
- Good understanding of process system modelling
- Proficiency in providing project results in the form of written reports and oral presentations
- Good usage of Microsoft Office software (PowerPoint®, Excel®, Word®)
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Experience in programming language would be useful, but not essential
- Python, Visual Basic, VBA in Excel, Java, C
- Experience in data base would be useful, but not essential
- Experience in polymer modelling would be useful, but not essential
- Experience in CFD modelling tools would be useful, but not essential
- STAR-CCM+, FLUENT
What skills we are looking for:
- Self-motivated individual capable of building strong technical relationships with customers, and who has strong oral and written communication skills along with excellent technical gPROMS knowledge and experience (preferably in the chemicals, petrochemicals, oil and gas, and refining industries)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to prioritise scheduled tasks and react to unexpected problems.
- Willing to travel away from the office for up to one week per month on average
What we offer you:
- Flexible working
- Retirement pension
- National pension
- Monthly paid holiday under the Labor Standard Law
SPSE is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the button 'Apply here'
- C++ Developers (Future Opportunities)
- C++ (Numerics) Software Developer
- Full Stack Software Developer
- Senior Consultant Engineer
- QA/Test Analyst
- Senior Consultant Engineer - Digital Applications
- DevOps Engineer
- Business Development Director, Formulated Products
- Campaign Manager - Energy
- Java Developers (Future Opportunities)
If you are interested in working for Siemens Process Systems Engineering but can't currently see a suitable role please click here.