Full Stack Software Developer
Department Software Technology Group
Employment basis Full-Time, permanent
Location Hammersmith or Manchester, UK
Start date Immediate
Salary range: Competitive package
About Siemens Processing Systems Engineering
Siemens Process Systems Engineering Limited (SPSE) is a software development company delivering leading Advanced Process Modelling software (the gPROMS Platform) and related model-based engineering and services to the process industries.
We work with all the major process industry sectors including chemicals and petrochemicals, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, life sciences, food, power and many more. Not sure what a process industry is? It is an industry that is concerned with the processing of bulk resources or materials and turning them into other products. Think about how your toothpaste or pain relief medication is made. It also involves managing resources like power, wastewater and carbon capture.
Our customers comprise many of the largest companies in the world. Some of them you will have heard of, others you may have heard of or used their brands.
SPSE’s software products and services help our customers improve their processes and product designs, enhance their operations, and be more efficient and effective during the R&D phase. For example, our software is being used in the design and development of Fuel Cell technology, the next big thing in electric vehicles.
We are now looking for a highly motivated Full Stack Software Developer with a keen eye for design to help create the next-generation graphical user interface for our platforms. You will be part of an international, friendly and supportive development team, designing and implementing new functionality and influencing the future architecture of a state-of-art process modelling environment.
As a member of the Software Technology Group’s IME (Integrated Modelling Environment) team, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- In collaboration with SPSE’s senior Architects and usability experts, contributing to the design, architecture and implementation of the new GUI and associated components.
- Ensuring software quality and maintainability via appropriate design and testing methodologies.
- Understanding user requirements, both from internal SPSE groups and external users; where applicable, translating these to development projects and work items.
- Resolving critical bug fixes quickly.
- Providing technical support to internal and external customers.
- Collaborating closely with other gPROMS developers, the Quality Assurance team and our Consultant Engineers to achieve the above objectives.
What qualifications and experience you should have
- Degree-level or equivalent qualification within software engineering or computer science or closely related subject
- Knowledge of Vue.js, React or Angular frameworks
- Knowledge of Node.js, HTML, SCSS.
- Use of modern version control systems (especially Git) and Continuous Integration (CI) systems (Jenkins)
- Cross-platform software development (MS Windows and Linux)
- Knowledge of/experience using TDD
- Knowledge of Python scripting language
- Experience with data formats such as XML, JSON and HDF5
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
What skills and attributes we are looking for
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts
- A desire to learn and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to communicate well in oral and written communication
We operate an open, diverse and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. We have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
As a SPSE employee, you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- 26 days of holiday per year, plus 8 days of statutory Bank Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive internal and external training programme
- Excellent career development
- Internal coaching sessions with a Professional Coach
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox discount platform
- Great office environment, with free fruit, coffee and biscuits, and regular social events
- Reimbursement of subscriptions to professional bodies and cost of professional book s
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the button 'Apply here'
- C++ Developers (Future Opportunities)
- Java Developers (Future Opportunities)
- Campaign Manager - Energy
- C++ (Numerics) Software Developer
- Full Stack Software Developer
- Senior Consultant Engineer
- Business Development Director, Formulated Products
- QA/Test Analyst
- Senior Consultant Engineer - Digital Applications
- DevOps Engineer
If you are interested in working for Siemens Process Systems Engineering but can't currently see a suitable role please click here.