Business Development Rep (Inside Sales), Energy & Chemicals
Department Software Development Group
Employment basis Full-Time, Permanent
Location Hammersmith, London, UK
Start date: Immediate
Salary range: Competitive package
Siemens Process Systems Engineering, (S-PSE) is seeking a Business Development Rep (Inside Sales) to work in its Energy and Chemicals Business Unit. S-PSE, a Siemens Business, is the world's leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling technology and related model-based engineering and innovation services to the process industries. S-PSE is expanding rapidly and currently employs approximately 280 staff engaged in sales, product development, software development, client consulting services and marketing.
We help our customers to save time, money and increase product quality and innovation by applying advanced process models based on our gPROMS platform technology. This enables them to explore the process decision space rapidly, reduce uncertainty and risk and make better, faster and safer design and operating decisions through deeper understanding of their processes.
The Business Development Rep will generate new sales leads and awareness of S-PSE’s products and services in the Energy & Chemicals industries. This position requires a self-motivated individual capable of building strong leads with potential customers, who have strong communication and persuasion skills along with good industry knowledge and persistence. This is a good opportunity to carve out a successful sales career in a growing company.
In exchange, you will be part of an international, diverse, friendly, and supportive Energy & Chemicals Business team helping to build strong leads with potential customers. In addition to that, S-PSE has a track record of moving Inside Salespeople into Field Sales positions within 2 years, and this is a good opportunity to carve out a successful sales career in a growing company.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Work with Strategy Directors to identify campaigns for targeted lead generation
- Identify, target and research potential customers and new leads for S-PSE
- Make targeted sales prospecting approaches, through various mediums such as phone, email, LinkedIn and Web-based meetings.
- Qualify sales opportunities, establish an initial sales process and prioritise the prospects for engagement by the field sales team.
- Take ownership of some new client opportunities and attend client meetings.
- Nurture customers through the sales process.
- Update, manage and qualify information on S-PSE’s CRM system (Salesforce)
- Promote and help to manage S-PSE workshops, seminars and training courses
- Manage and follow up batches of leads generated by S-PSE’s marketing activities (e.g. webinars, conferences and events).
What qualifications and experience you should have:
- Degree qualified in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Biochemistry.
- Interest in working for and good understanding of, the Formulated industries
- Must have a ‘hunter’ mentality and be comfortable working in an inside sales environment with a high focus on outbound lead generation.
- Excellent 'Business Sense' for evaluating sales opportunities in a dynamic environment
- Solid communication and presentation skills and able to adapt these depending on the client (you will be engaging with Process Engineering, Research and Development groups as well as Productions and Operations Management).
- Strong sales skills or evidence of a genuine interest in developing them
- High level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment, and persistence
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
We operate an open, diverse and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. We have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
As a S-PSE employee, you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- 26 days of holiday per year, plus 8 days of statutory Bank Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive internal and external training programs
- Excellent career development
- Internal coaching sessions with a Professional Coach
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox discount platform
- Great office environment, with free fruit, coffee and biscuits, and regular social events
- Reimbursement of subscriptions to professional bodies and cost of professional books
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the button 'Apply here'
- C++ Developers (Future Opportunities)
- Java Developers (Future Opportunities)
- Applications Engineer, Energy & Chemicals
- Java Software Developer - User Interface
- Campaign Manager - Energy
- Business Development Rep (Inside Sales), Energy & Chemicals
- C++ (Numerics) Software Developer
If you are interested in working for Siemens Process Systems Engineering but can't currently see a suitable role please click here.