Senior UI/UX Designer
Department gPROMS Digital Application Platform
Employment basis Permanent
Location Hammersmith, London, UK
Salary Competitive package
Siemens Process Systems Engineering (SPSE), is the world's leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling technology and related model-based engineering and innovation services to the process industries.
Passionate, visionary, collaborative and professional; these are some of the things that our customers have said about SPSE. From our employees’ perspective, we operate an open, diverse and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. Therefore, people tend to stay a long time and grow with the company because at SPSE we all have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
We are looking for an innovative and dedicated Senior Product UI/UX Designer to join our Digital Applications team. You will be responsible for overseeing the UX/UI design for our brand new Engineering Studio user interface. This is a major greenfield development that will be used by a whole range of different customers and user groups, and we want to give all of them a great experience.
Our ideal candidate has a substantial portfolio of successful campaigns and is proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and Affinity products. They are passionate about UX/UI, and in helping the engineers, scientists, plant personnel and managers who use our tools each day to get the most out of our software.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Design products
- Collaborate with developers to deliver product designs
- Design for both desktop and web applications
- Create wireframes
- Create static and dynamic prototypes utilising tools such as Figma and InVision
- Provide design guidelines
- Create and maintain UI libraries
- Manage projects:
- Facilitate stakeholder and customer meetings and workshops to gather requirements
- Present planned work to the wider project team (project managers, front and back end developers, and testers)
- Craft new features and user flows, as well as analysing data to improve existing features
- Active participation in project reviews and quality control gateways to ensure delivery is consistent with planning documents and designs
- Provide customers with product information and documentation
- Help to plan and prioritise the product backlog
What qualifications and experience you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, industrial design, or interior design, or equivalent experience
- Proven background in hands on product design and experience launching a product to market
- Solid understanding of user-centred design principles & research methods
- Strong prototyping and wireframing skills
- Strong working knowledge of design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Affinity Designer, Figma, InVision and Balsamiq
- Ability to work through complex design problems from end to end
- Good presentation and client interaction skills
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Creative flair and genuine passion for UX and Design
What we offer you:
We operate an open, diverse and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. We have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
As a SPSE employee, you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- 26 days of holiday per year, plus 8 days of statutory Bank Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive internal and external training programs
- Excellent career development
- Internal coaching sessions with a Professional Coach
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- I-Save discount platform
- Great office environment, with free fruit, coffee and biscuits, and regular social events
- Reimbursement of subscriptions to professional bodies and cost of professional books
SPSE is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the button 'Apply here'
- Senior Consultant Engineer for Advanced Process Modelling Work
- Senior UI/UX Designer
- Full Stack Software Developer
- Digital Applications Front End Developer
- Senior Applications Engineer, Energy & Chemicals
- Consultant Engineer
- Consultant, Formulated Products
- Applications Engineer - Bioprocessing
- C++ (Numerics) Software Developer
- Events and Marketing Executive
If you are interested in working for Siemens Process Systems Engineering but can't currently see a suitable role please click here.