Business Development Director, Energy & Chemicals
RC PA Head Siemens with dotted line to PSE COO / President of APAC
PSE is the world's leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling technology and related model-based engineering and innovation services to the process industries. We help our customers to apply advanced process models based on our gPROMS platform technology. This enables them to rapidly explore the process decision space, reduce uncertainty and risk and make better, faster and safer design and operating decisions through deeper understanding of their processes. PSE has recently been acquired by Siemens, allowing the two complementary technologies to create integrated digitalization across the entire model-based plant operation.
PSE is expanding rapidly and currently employs approximately 200 staff engaged in sales, product development, software development, client consulting services and marketing.
One of the main growth markets for PSE is Energy & Chemicals (Chemicals, Petrochemicals, Refining and specialist practices such as Process Safety, Reactors and Fuel cell technology). PSE has developed unique software packages and consulting services specifically for these markets and developed strong reference accounts, all of whom are global multi-nationals. Our customers in these sectors include BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, Honda, Toyota and Saudi Aramco.
You will be responsible for sales of software and services into PSE’s Energy & Chemicals sector in China. You must know how to research a customer to identify potential sales opportunities, identify the right people to approach and then engage in a way that you can both discover a customer’s business challenges and articulate PSE’s unique value to them. PSE is a high growth business, therefore you must be skilled, confident and self-motivated in constantly creating new business opportunities within existing accounts and new name prospects.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Sell software & services into the China region.
- Build, maintain and execute a territory plan.
- Pro-actively and constantly instigate new discussions within accounts and strategic prospects to enable PSE to understand and discover customer goals and challenges relevant to opportunities for PSE.
- Lead cross-functional teams on sales campaigns, directing and working with technical pre-sales and consulting to achieve desired outcomes.
- Accurately forecast sales pipeline and current quarter close in Salesforce and consistently exceed quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Predict and articulate the needs of your customers to the Executive team to enable these requirements to be translated into long term strategic deliverable solutions.
- Up to approximately 50%-60% travel on a weekly basis.
- You must have at least 8 years’ experience in a quota carrying sales role with a verifiable track record of achievement.
- You must be experienced in applying solution selling strategies within the process modelling or related industries.
- You must be degree qualified in a relevant subject. We hire sales people who are also technically credible and have the background awareness and knowledge to be able to engage in a meaningful business and process optimisation discussion. A degree in Chemical Engineering is highly preferred. Knowledge of process design and operations in our key industries is essential.
- You should be familiar with Energy & Chemical companies business strategies and procurement practices and have an existing network of contacts in the community. An understanding of key accounts and projects in these verticals would be advantageous.
- You must be able to demonstrate an ability to translate technical benefits into business benefits and ROI and be adept at securing meetings with senior level customer contacts.
- Self-driven and self-motivated entrepreneurial mind-set with exceptional interpersonal skills combined with strong organisational and analytical skills.
- First class communication and presentation skills.
- Working level of English to communicate with other PSE teams is required.
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the button 'Apply here'
- Applications Engineer (Digital Applications), Formulated Products
- Senior Applications Engineer, Energy and Chemicals
- C++ Developers (Future Opportunities)
- Java Developers (Future Opportunities)
- Project Manager for Digital Applications
- Consultant Engineer - Operational Excellence Solutions Group
- Consultant, Bioprocess Modelling
- Business Development Director, Energy & Chemicals
If you are interested in working for PSE but can't currently see a suitable role please click here.