Consultant, Bioprocess Modelling
Department Formulated Products
Employment basis Full-Time, Permanent
Location Hammersmith, U.K.
Salary range: Competitive package
Process Systems Enterprise (PSE) is the leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling software and digital design and operation technology and services to the process industries. We help our customers to apply advanced process models based on our gPROMS platform technology. This enables them to explore the process decision space rapidly, reduce uncertainty and risk and make better, faster and safer design and operating decisions through deeper understanding of their processes.
Currently employing 180+ staff worldwide, PSE has a well-established reputation for thought leadership and technology innovation, achieved via a substantial R&D programme spanning more than two decades. Following its recent acquisition by Siemens AG, the company is now embarking on a major further expansion of its R&D activities.
An area of strategic growth and investment for PSE is that of the Formulated Products industries, which include Life Sciences, Agrochemicals, Food & Beverage and Consumer Packaged Goods. PSE has developed unique software products and consulting services specifically for these markets, and already has a large number of major organizations as clients, including many global multi-national ‘household names’. A dedicated cross-functional Business Unit focuses exclusively on these markets.
We are now looking for a highly motivated graduate engineer/scientist to join the Formulated Products business unit, focusing on our bioprocessing model libraries within gPROMS FormulatedProducts.
Your duties and responsibilites will include:
A Consultant in Bioprocess Modelling in the Formulated Products team uses PSE’s gPROMS Platform and other tools to develop and maintain the bioprocessing model libraries within gPROMS FormulatedProducts. In addition, he/she works with the technical and commercial colleagues within the team to support taking the product to market through the delivery of high quality training and consulting services. Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop and test mathematical models for gPROMS FormulatedProducts
- Productisation of modules including preparation of documentation, training and demonstration materials
- Ensure consistency and interoperability with the other modules of gPROMS FormulatedProducts
- Implementation and maintenance of models, making maximal use of common re-usable components ensuring interoperability and a consistent look-and-feel.
- Supporting client take-up of the products through delivering high quality training and support.
- Project execution and delivery to PSE’s customers
- Work with clients and prospects to progress product development:
- Gather requirements, user feedback and enhancement requests
- Propose formulations for new models based on internal and customer requirements
- Support existing customers in their application of gPROMS FormulatedProducts
- Support the sales and marketing efforts of the Formulated Products business
Consulting and Applications Engineering
- Contribute to relevant proposals
- Participate in project delivery
- Work with Marketing to prepare product-marketing material (e.g. brochures, web pages etc.)
- Give presentations (at PSE-organised or public conferences)
- Active participation in, and contribution to, all aspects of the Company’s technical and commercial activities related to the above
- Ability to understand customer requirements and translate them to commercial software solutions.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to prioritise scheduled tasks and react to unexpected problems.
What qualifications and experience you should have:
- A first degree or PhD in (ideally) Chemical or Biochemical Engineering. A related technical discipline such as Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Biology, Biochemistry or Chemistry may be acceptable depending on other experience.
- First-principles or mechanistic modelling experience. Bioprocess modelling skills and/or experience with partial differential equations are of particular interest.
- An excellent knowledge of bioprocessing.
- Hands-on experience developing mechanistic models of bioreactors, membrane filtration and/or chromatography is an advantage.
- Laboratory experience is an advantage.
- Experience with gPROMS®, ACM®, Dymola® or another equation-oriented modelling tool is an advantage.
What we offer you:
- Flexible working
- 26 days of holiday per year, plus 8 days of statutory Bank Holidays
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Comprehensive internal and external training programs
- Excellent career development
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox discount platform
- Great office environment, with free fruit, coffee and biscuits, and regular social events
- Reimbursement of professional registration and cost of professional books
- Internal coaching sessions with a Professional Coach
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the button 'Apply here'
If you are interested in working for PSE but can't currently see a suitable role please click here.