Consultant Engineer - Operational Excellence Solutions Group
Department Operational Excellence Solutions Group
Employment basis Full time, permanent
Location London, UK
Start date Immediate
Salary range Competitive package
Passionate, visionary, collaborative and professional; these are some of the things that our customers have said about PSE. From our employees’ perspective, we operate an open, diverse and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. Therefore, people tend to stay a long time and grow with the company. PSE is proud to have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
We are now looking for a highly motivated Consultant Engineer for our gPROMS Operational Excellence Solutions team. As a Consultant Engineer, you will be responsible for providing expert technical consulting, leadership and support in Process Monitoring and Optimisation and project support (i) for PSE customers, at both an execution and supervisory level and (ii) for sales and business development activities.
The projects within the gPROMS Operational Excellence Solutions group are world-wide and you will provide advanced model-based process optimisation and technical support for existing facilities and new projects, with specific emphasis on interacting with our clients’ current control systems and data historians.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Lead the execution of gPROMS Operational Excellence Solutions (‘gOES') projects
- Work with our clients to understand their project objectives
- Design PSE’s gOES to match client objectives within PSE’s delivery capability
- Define project milestones and schedule as appropriate
- Execute projects, liaising with clients as appropriate
- Manage the creation and Implementation of appropriate Human-Machine Interfaces and Dashboards
- Lead on-site teams installing PSE’s Digital Applications Platform at client sites, either in the form of Decision Support Advisors or closed-loop Real-Time Optimiser (RTO) systems
- Ensure internal and external documentation is of appropriate content and quality
- Conduct Factory and Site Acceptance Testing and project sign-offs
- Provide ongoing client support via telephone calls and visits
- General Operational Excellence activities
- Undertake business development and lead generation for OES by presenting and attending events, trade shows, conferences, webinars, etc.
- Proactively initiate new discussions with existing customers and strategic prospects to enable PSE to better understand their goals and challenges and identify potential business opportunities for PSE
- Qualify opportunities and undertaking pre-sales activities, leading the technical communication on OES with PSE’s prospects and customers
- Support customers to implement new and optimise performance of existing process OES and troubleshoot problems
- Prepare and conducting training courses and workshops on-site to help clients improve their Operational Excellence Solutions
- Provide post-sales support to clients for solutions already delivered
- Feedback customer and market requirements into new product developments
- Provide marketing support, including demonstration dashboards/OES systems and white papers on model-based process engineering
What qualifications and experience you should have:
- A first or 2.1 degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 3-5 years professional experience in system integration or plant automation, ideally with an automation company, operating company or dedicated service provider to the petrochemical or other heavy industry.
- Proficient in using process simulation tools for steady-state & dynamic simulation & optimisation objectives. Experience with gPROMS®, SPEEDUP®, ACM®, Dymola® or another equation-oriented modeling tool is an advantage.
- Programming (PYTHON, FORTRAN, C++) experience is desirable but not essential
- Demonstrated work experience and / or knowledge of:
- Process control applications.
- Advanced Process Control technologies such as RTO
- Proactively applying engineering and problem solving skills to develop cost effective control application strategies
- Performing process control infrastructure and technology assessments
- Good presentation and client interaction skills
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to prioritise scheduled tasks and react to unexpected problems
We offer you:
- Flexible working
- 26 days of holiday per year, plus 8 days of statutory Bank Holidays
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Comprehensive internal and external training programs
- Excellent career development
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox discount platform
- Great office environment, with fruit, coffee and biscuits, and regular social events
- Reimbursement of professional registration and cost of professional books
- Internal coaching sessions with a Professional Coach
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the button 'Apply here'
If you are interested in working for PSE but can't currently see a suitable role please click here.