Project Manager for Digital Applications
Employment basis Full-Time, Permanent
Location Hammersmith, London, UK
Salary Competitive package
Process Systems Enterprise (“PSE”) is the world's leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling technology and related model-based engineering and innovation services. We work in virtually all the major process industry sectors, with particular focus on Chemicals & Petrochemicals, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Food & Consumer Products, Power & CCS and Fuel Cells & Batteries. Using our gPROMS Advanced Process Modelling software platform, PSE is transforming the way the process industries design and operate and is at the heart of current digitalization initiatives throughout industry. We bring new ways to create and capture sustainable value with rapid returns on investment, by providing new ways to deal with complexity, uncertainty, and risk, and to make breakthrough innovations. See more on our website: www.psenterprise.com.
PSE is expanding and is looking for a Project Manager to strengthen our Digital Applications team, to support the company's rapidly growing business providing model-based solutions for chemical process plant operations.
We offer you the opportunity to join our internationally-renowned team of experts working in an intellectually stimulating, fast-paced environment with excellent career development opportunities.
In this role, you will manage key multi-disciplinary projects alongside a technical lead, drawing resources from the Digital Applications team, specialist practices (e.g. Process Safety, Catalytic Reactors, Polymerisation, Fuel cells) as well as other groups within PSE and potentially external service providers. The work involves project management, project planning and project costing, with the PSE team and clients. You will manage small to medium size projects, and assist in the management of large, complex projects.
You should be technically skilled, a good negotiator and able to independently manage projects. Good communication skills and attention to detail are a must. You will need to be assertive when required and enjoy working closely with highly dedicated and qualified technical teams. You will need to be able to manage priorities across multiple projects, be enthusiastic, ambitious, and able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Manage projects, including but not limited to:
- Prepare project execution plans and project schedules (including resource requirements) based on the proposal, contract, and effort/cost estimates
- Ensure resource availability and allocation to projects
- Monitor progress and coordinate resources to ensure that projects remain on track, meet agreed quality standards, meet deadlines and stay within budget
- Report project status to customers and PSE management
- Host/facilitate project meetings with customers and internal project teams - including preparing the minutes of meeting
- Maintain project action lists and risk registers to manage project risks
- Ensure scope changes are identified, documented, and agreed with the customer
- Manage and build customer relationships focused on customer satisfaction
- Work closely with lead engineers to ensure the project teams can deliver the project scope according to plan
- Review project documents (functional/detailed design, FAT, SAT, user guides, training material)
- Ensure orderly document control and project filing
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Prepare project close-out reports including lessons learned
- Assist senior project managers with the tasks outlined above
- Contribute to proposals including costing, scoping and planning
- Adopt processes and operations for project management
What qualifications and experience you should have:
- 2-5 years working experience in project management, preferably in process control & automation and/or software/tools development for the Oil & Gas, Energy and Chemicals industry
- A solid technical background (good Bachelors degree at minimum), preferably in chemical engineering or a related domain
- Good understanding of technical/engineering aspects
- Knowledge of project management methodology; PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Knowledge of the project life cycle (phases)
- Knowledge of project/P&L accounting (desirable)
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organisational skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of customer relationship management tools
- Ability to work independently
We offer you:
- Flexible working
- 26 Holidays per year
- Company paid Bank Holidays – 8 statutory days per year
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Free fruit, toast, coffee and biscuits
- Cycle to work scheme
- Great office environment and regular team events
- Money towards professional fees, professional books reimbursed
- External training and career path
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the button 'Apply here'
- Applications Engineer (Digital Applications), Formulated Products
- Senior Applications Engineer, Energy and Chemicals
- C++ Developers (Future Opportunities)
- Java Developers (Future Opportunities)
- Project Manager for Digital Applications
- Consultant Engineer - Operational Excellence Solutions Group
- Consultant, Bioprocess Modelling
- Business Development Director, Energy & Chemicals
If you are interested in working for PSE but can't currently see a suitable role please click here.