C++ Developers (Future Opportunities)
Salary range: Competitive package
Siemens Process Systems Engineering (SPSE) is the leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling software and digital design and operation technology and services to the process industries. Our software products enable our customers to explore the process decision space rapidly, reduce uncertainty and risk and make better, faster and safer design and operating decisions through deeper understanding of their processes.
Currently employing 280 staff worldwide, SPSE has a well-established reputation for thought leadership and technology innovation, achieved via a substantial R&D programme spanning more than two decades. Following its recent acquisition by Siemens AG, the company is now embarking on a major further expansion of its R&D activities.
All of SPSE’s modelling products are based on the gPROMS Platform, a sophisticated state-of-the-art software platform that supports all aspects of the development of large-scale mathematical models, their formal validation, and the performance of a range of mathematical computations based on these models. The responsibility for the development of the gPROMS Platform is held by SPSE’s Software Development Group, comprising an outstanding team of 40 software developers with backgrounds in computer science, mathematics and related disciplines.
Due to expected growth over the next 12-24 months, we are now wanting to speak with talented C++ Developers that may be interested in future opportunities.
Required education and skills/experience
- Degree-level or equivalent qualification within software engineering or computer science or closely related subject
- Experience of C++ programming
- Demonstrable object-oriented software design skills
- Experience in developing multi-threaded applications
- Use of unit testing (e.g. GoogleTest) and integration testing
- Use of modern version control systems (especially Git)
- Cross-platform software development (MS Windows and Linux)
- Knowledge of Python scripting language
- Experience with data formats such as XML, JSON and HDF5
- Knowledge of algorithms for one or more of the following:
- Numerical computation
- Symbolic model manipulation
- Machine learning, including reinforcement learning.
SPSE is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the button 'Apply here'
- C++ Developers (Future Opportunities)
- Java Developers (Future Opportunities)
- Campaign Manager - Energy
- C++ (Numerics) Software Developer
- Full Stack Software Developer
- Senior Consultant Engineer
- Business Development Director, Formulated Products
- QA/Test Analyst
- Senior Consultant Engineer - Digital Applications
- DevOps Engineer
- Digital Applications Front End Developer
- Senior Business Development Director – Energy & Chemicals
- Business Development Director
- Graduate Applications Engineer
- Applications Engineer - Bioprocessing
- Graduate Applications Engineer - Bioprocessing
- Consultant, Formulated Products
- Graduate Consultant – Formulated Products
- Summer Internship - Consultant Engineer
- Internship – Consultant Engineer, 6 or 12-month
If you are interested in working for Siemens Process Systems Engineering but can't currently see a suitable role please click here.