Employment basis: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Start date: Immediate
Salary range: Competitive package
Process Systems Enterprise (PSE), a Siemens Business, is the world's leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling technology and related model-based engineering and innovation services to the process industries. We help our customers to save time, money and increase product quality and innovation by applying advanced process models based on our gPROMS platform technology. This enables them to explore the process decision space rapidly, reduce uncertainty and risk and make better, faster, and safer design and operating decisions through deeper understanding of their processes.
Areas of strategic growth and investment for PSE are the Chemical & Petrochemical industries, along with the oil & gas and energy industries, all in which PSE is already very successful. We have developed unique software and consulting services specifically for these markets and developed strong reference accounts, all of whom are global multi-national ‘household names’ such as ExxonMobil, ConocoPhilips, BP Chemicals, Mitsubishi Chemical, BASF, Shell, LG Chemical and Clariant. This, combined with the establishment of a dedicated cross-functional Business Unit to focus exclusively on these markets, provides an extremely strong platform for PSE’s growth in these sectors.
PSE is seeking a Senior Applications Engineer to work in its Chemicals & Energy team to support and further develop the company’s rapidly growing business in this area. A Senior Applications Engineer is responsible for providing technical, solution and modelling support both to PSE’s sales team and directly to customers, within the Energy & Chemicals Business Unit. It is a customer-facing role that requires a self-motivated individual capable of building strong technical relationships with major customers, and who has strong communication and persuasion skills along with excellent process, industry and technical knowledge.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Support the creation of new business opportunities, define the requirements for commercial projects and manage the development of model processes.
- Performing pre-sales activities supporting PSE software and consulting sales, including
- leading technical communication with potential PSE customers, coordinating with PSE subject matter experts where required
- using your technical knowledge to match customers’ requirements to PSE’s software and consulting offerings
- defining and executing software evaluation plans and executing ‘proof-of-concept’ demonstration projects
- responding to written inquiries (e.g. Request For Information).
- Undertaking business development for the Energy & Chemicals BU, including
- presenting PSE’s software and consulting services to prospects
- working closely with the Sales team to provide technical input and guidance
- developing and nurturing prospects to achieve software and consulting sales.
- identifying and targeting sales opportunities and new leads, making targeted sales prospecting calls to existing PSE customers and new prospects where appropriate.
- Technical Account Management aimed at building positive and lasting client relationships to help ensure the continued successful use of PSE’s software products and consulting services
- Providing post-sales product and application support for PSE’s gPROMS software
- Preparing and conducting training courses
- Providing marketing support, including
- technical assistance in preparation of marketing materials (e.g. white papers)
- presenting at and attending at trade shows and conferences.
- Inputting customer and market requirements into new product development:
- gathering requirements, user feedback and enhancement requests
- proposing formulations for new models based on internal and client requirements.
- Maintaining and updating key solution, technical, industry and communication skills
What qualifications and experience you should have
- A Master’s degree or PhD in Chemical Engineering. A minimum of 5 years technical experience within the Chemical, Petrochemical, Refining or Oil & Gas industries
- A minimum of 5 years of process modelling experience using commercial software tools such as HYSYS®, Petro-SIM® or UniSim®
- Understanding of the technical, business and regulatory challenges within the Energy and Chemicals sector
- Ability to understand customer requirements and build relationships
- Experience with gPROMS®, SPEEDUP®, ACM®, Dymola® or another equation-oriented modeling tool is an advantage.
- Good presentation and client interaction skills
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to prioritize scheduled tasks and react to unexpected problems
- Willing to travel within the GCC countries plus Egypt and occasionally Europe
What we offer you
We operate an open, diverse and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. We have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'