Department PSE Korea / PSE APAC
Employment basis Full-Time, permanent
Location Daejeon or Seoul, Korea (South)
Start date Immediate
Salary range: Competitive package
Process Systems Enterprise (PSE) is the leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling (APM) software and digital design and operation technology and services to the variety of process industries such as Chem/Petrochem, Refinery, Oil & Gas, Pharma, Food & Beverage, Power and Utilities, and so on. PSE is focused on developing and driving the adoption of the next-generation process modelling technology that is at the heart of current digitalization initiatives throughout the industry. Following Siemens’ acquisition of PSE in October 2019, PSE’s APM technology is combined with various hardware and software products of Siemens to provide unprecedented Digital Application solutions in process industry and PSE is expecting a fast growth in Digital Application business as part of Siemens.
PSE Korea has been operated for 12 years as the main PSE office in APAC region with key critical functions and capabilities for business development and delivery, like sales, marketing, business operation, development, and technical services. PSE Korea is planning to grow Digital Application business as a main business together with local Siemens offices, recruiting experienced and motivated people for a few key new positions required for business development and solution delivery.
Digital Application Business
At PSE, the gPROMS Operational Excellence Solutions (gOESs) are aiming to design and deliver to our customers in the process industry a Digital Application solution as a fully deployed, working software system to fulfil an agreed function. We run Digital Application projects for our clients’ assets around the world and recent implementations include
- Real-time optimization of utilities costs and CO2 emissions for a large refinery
- Real-time yield optimization for an olefins plant
- Operator decision support for a chemical reactor
Digital Application projects integrate a mathematical model of the physical process - implemented in PSE’s gPROMS® Advanced Process Modelling platform - with real-time plant IT systems including plant historians, distributed control systems, database servers and other systems, considering plant safety and cybersecurity policies, and plant workflows. Digital Application solutions can run ‘open-loop’ in advisory mode, or closed-loop, e.g. as real-time optimiser, and can provide functions such as Monitoring, KPI Soft-Sensing, Run-Length Prediction, Non-Linear Model Predictive Control and so on.
In Korea, main interest now is to combine PSE technology and Siemens products, such as XHQ, COMOS, PlantSight, SIMIT, and so on, for the development and delivery of Digital Application solutions.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Project Manager who can develop and operate Digital Application projects which are in nature multi-disciplinary projects combining PSE’s APM technology for modelling, historian and real-time plant data from multiple database sources in customer sites, and BI (Business Intelligence) solutions to provide useful information in the requested format by customers, possibly working with sub-contractors as well as PSE internal resources mainly in Korea but also in worldwide when required. Projects can be large scale, long in timing, and complex in design. You will also be expected to lead the introduction and take-up of best practice processes for all aspects of project management.
You should be technically skilled, a good negotiator and able to independently manage projects. You must be confident in developing project plans and process and change management. You will need to have good communication skills, be assertive when required and enjoy working closely with highly dedicated and qualified technical teams.
Your specific responsibilities in the role are:
- Lead project management for proposals including costing, scoping and planning
- Set up and adapt processes and operations for project management
- Manage projects:
- Coordinate internal and external resources for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, within budget while meeting quality standards
- Put in place and ensure adherence to a robust process for the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation to projects
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques, in close communication with the customers
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimise project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Attend client meetings from a project management perspective where required
What qualifications and experience you should have
- Ideally 5-10 years working experience in project management in the technology or engineering sector, especially System Integration project manager experience in process industry sector
- Good level of understanding or experience in Chemical/Petrochemical/Refinery plant process and operations
- Good level of understanding or experience in plant automation systems such as Distributed Control Systems (DCS), historian and real-time database system, and plant IT infrastructure
- Good level of understanding in BI/OI applications, software development lifecycle (SDLC), application support and testing (Unit, System, Integration, UAT, and Performance)
- Good educational background (BS degree at minimum), preferably in a scientific or engineering field
- Excellent team (internal and sub-contractors) management skills
- Excellent client-facing and team-internal written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Ability to work independently
What we offer you
We operate an open, diverse and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. We have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
As a PSE employee, you will benefit from competitive package suitable per region.
How to apply
To find out more about what it is like to work at PSE, and to apply for this position, please go to our careers portal on www.psenterprise.com/company/careers and click on the position of this Job Description
Please feel free to contact PSE Korea office directly, email@example.com (+82 70 7772 2802) for any question.
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'