Department PSE Korea / PSE APAC
Employment basis Full-Time, permanent
Location Daejeon or Seoul, Korea (South)
Start date Immediate
Salary range: Competitive package
Process Systems Enterprise (PSE) is the leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling (APM) software and digital design and operation technology and services to the variety of process industries such as Chem/Petrochem, Refinery, Oil & Gas, Pharma, Food & Beverage, Power and Utilities, and so on. PSE is focused on developing and driving the adoption of the next-generation process modelling technology that is at the heart of current digitalization initiatives throughout the industry. Following Siemens’ acquisition of PSE in October 2019, PSE’s APM technology is combined with various hardware and software products of Siemens to provide unprecedented Digital Application solutions in process industry and PSE is expecting a fast growth in Digital Application business as part of Siemens.
PSE Korea has been operated for 12 years as the main PSE office in APAC region with key critical functions and capabilities for business development and delivery, like sales, marketing, business operation, development, and technical services. PSE Korea is planning to grow Digital Application business as a main business together with local Siemens offices, recruiting experienced and motivated people for a few key new positions required for business development and solution delivery.
Digital Application Business
At PSE, the gPROMS Operational Excellence Solutions (gOESs) are aiming to design and deliver to our customers in the process industry a Digital Application solution as a fully deployed, working software system to fulfil an agreed function. We run Digital Application projects for our clients’ assets around the world and recent implementations include:
- Real-time optimization of utilities costs and CO2 emissions for a large refinery
- Real-time yield optimization for an olefins plant
- Operator decision support for a chemical reactor
Digital Application projects integrate a mathematical model of the physical process - implemented in PSE’s gPROMS® Advanced Process Modelling platform - with real-time plant IT systems including plant historians, distributed control systems, database servers and other systems, considering plant safety and cybersecurity policies, and plant workflows. Digital Application solutions can run ‘open-loop’ in advisory mode, or closed-loop, e.g. as real-time optimiser, and can provide functions such as Monitoring, KPI Soft-Sensing, Run-Length Prediction, Non-Linear Model Predictive Control and so on.
In Korea, main interest now is to combine PSE technology and Siemens products, such as XHQ, COMOS, PlantSight, SIMIT, and so on, for the development and delivery of Digital Application solutions.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Plant IT Solutions Engineer who will be responsible for providing IT expertise for our growing Digital Application business, focusing on the integration of our solutions with real-time plant IT systems including plant historian, distributed control system, database servers, considering existing plant safety and cybersecurity policies and plant operations workflows.
Your specific responsibilities in the role are:
- Working as a part of Digital Application project team together with Project Manager and Process Modeling Engineer and providing technical expertise to Digital Application projects assigned to you
- Liaise with clients to understand their project objectives and IT systems
- Design and construct PSE’s Digital Application solution to match client objectives and PSE’s delivery capability
- propose a virtualization approach that enables efficient and secure deployment of the Digital Application for testing and production purposes
- configure and optimize Data Lake from multiple customer database sources
- map the intended exchange of data with plant systems, bearing in mind
- occasionally erroneous or unavailable data
- site (cyber)security systems such as firewalls
- plant safety policies
- map out plant operations workflows, current and future
- configure and customise BI (Business Intelligence) solution (here, Siemens XHQ) based on the data and information provided by the customer database and created by PSE’s APM technology
- propose necessary changes to IT permissions, liaising with client IT as appropriate
- support Factory and Site Acceptance Tests and project sign-off
- ensure internal and external documentation is of appropriate content and quality
- provide ongoing client support via telephone calls and visits
- Provide post-sales support to clients for solutions already delivered
- Feedback customer and market requirements into new product developments
- Identify common elements of Digital Application projects, define best practices and streamline the execution of future projects
- General activities as a member of PSE Korea and PSE APAC
What qualifications and experience you should have
- BS/MS/PhD in Information Technology or related field.
- Demonstrable knowledge of IT and cybersecurity systems relevant to process plants, including
- managing Windows environments, including authentication, LDAP, authorization and logging
- vulnerability reporting tools
- communication protocols like ODBC (or JDBC), OPC etc.
- networking: routing, access permissions, user management, protocols for OPC, including DCOM and tunneling solutions, VPN
- BI solutions such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Siemens XHQ, and so on
- security and plant cybersecurity: ports, firewalls, remote access
- virtualisation technology, e.g. VMWare
- familiarity with the .NET framework
- Highly desirable: 3-5 years professional experience in chemical plant operations or plant automation, ideally with an operating company, automation company or dedicated service provider to the chemical, petrochemical or other heavy industry. Demonstrable knowledge of plant systems, including
- Plant historians e.g. OSISoft PI, Aspen IP.21, Honeywell PHD
- Distributed Control Systems, e.g. Emerson DeltaV, Siemens PCS7, Yokogawa Centum VP
- SQL Server – Microsoft or other
- Data Lake management from multiple database sources
- BI solutions (Power BI, Tableau, XHQ, and so on)
- Highly desirable: programming (PYTHON, Java, C++, Fortran) experience and familiarity with Objective Oriented programming/modelling
- Good experience in writing complex SQL queries (mainly Oracle, PostgreSQL and SQL Server)
- Good presentation and client interaction skills
- Good level of oral and written English language skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to prioritise scheduled tasks and react to unexpected problems
- Willing to travel on frequent short business trips (up to 50% of your time)
What we offer you
We operate an open, diverse and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. We have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
As a PSE employee, you will benefit from competitive package suitable per region.
How to apply
To find out more about what it is like to work at PSE, and to apply for this position, please go to our careers portal on www.psenterprise.com/company/careers and click on the position of this Job Description
Please feel free to contact PSE Korea office directly, firstname.lastname@example.org (+82 70 7772 2802) for any question.
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'