Applications Engineer (Digital Applications), Formulated Products
Employment basis Full-Time, Permanent
Location Hammersmith, London, UK
Start date ASAP
Salary range: Competitive package
Process Systems Enterprise, a Siemens Business, is the world's leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling technology and related model-based engineering and innovation services to the process industries. PSE is leading the development of sophisticated ‘Digital Applications’ for decision support and control of complex manufacturing processes. These applications combine deep knowledge embedded in mathematical models with real-time data and state-of-the-art algorithms for symbolic and numerical computation and machine learning, delivering an unprecedented degree of functionality in areas ranging from real-time equipment condition monitoring and virtual sensing to advanced control and supply chain optimization.
An area of strategic growth and investment for PSE are the so-called 'Formulated Products' industries, which include Life Sciences, Agrochemicals, Food & Beverage and Consumer Packaged Goods. PSE has developed some unique software and consulting services specifically for these markets and developed strong reference accounts, all of whom are global multi-national 'household names'. In EMEA this includes AstraZeneca, Danone, GSK, Nestle, Roche, Sandoz, Sanofi and Syngenta and in North America the customer base includes BMS, Merck, Pfizer and Lilly.
The Applications Engineer role is the first position to focus on promoting the new Digital Applications into the Formulated Products sectors. It is a varied position which involves working with our product development team, communicating with our clients on the technical aspects of a project and applying gPROMS FormulatedProducts and Digital Applications for a wide variety of applications.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Help existing and potential customers apply PSE’s digital applications and modelling tools to industrial cases
- Support customers in their application of PSE’s digital platform and work with the sales team to deliver growth
- Develop and deliver hands-on workshops to existing and potential customers
- Manage post-sales customer interaction to enable growth
- Support existing customers in their application of PSE products via the PSE Helpdesk
- Product enhancement; identification and tracking of bugs encountered while working on customer applications.
- Gathering of requirements, user feedback and enhancement requests from customers and prospects to provide input into product roadmaps.
- Work with product experts and customers to develop supporting materials of (video) tutorials of workflows involving modelling and experimentation.
- Preparation and delivery of presentations, software demos and generic training material.
- Development of success stories for customer presentations to PSE and external events.
- Business development and lead generation through presenting at and attending events, trade shows, consortia meetings, webinars etc.
- Pro-actively instigate new discussions within accounts and prospects to enable PSE to understand and discover customer goals and challenges relevant to opportunities for PSE.
What qualifications and experience you should have:
- Master’s or PhD in Chemical, Biochemical, Pharmaceutical or Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Experience or proven affinity for automation and optimisation of manufacturing processes.
- Ability to understand customer requirements, build relationships and focus on generating commercial value.
- Ability to take on challenges and work independently as well as in a team.
- Good presentation and communication (oral and written in English language) skills.
- Ability to prioritise scheduled tasks and manage unexpected problems and commercial needs.
- Experience with control systems, historians, etc.
- Experience with gPROMS®, ACM®, Dymola® or another equation-oriented modelling tool is advantageous but not essential
- Programming (PYTHON, Visual Basic, C++) and process automation/control system experience is helpful, but not necessary.
- Knowledge of the formulated products industries (particularly pharmaceuticals and food) and appreciation of the manufacturing processes typically employed in the manufacture of formulated products is of benefit.
We offer you:
- Flexible working
- 26 days of holiday per year, plus 8 days of statutory Bank Holidays
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Comprehensive internal and external training programs
- Excellent career development
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox discount platform
- Great office environment, with free fruit, coffee and biscuits, and regular social events
- Reimbursement of professional registration and cost of professional books
- Internal coaching sessions with a Professional Coach
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the button 'Apply here'
- Applications Engineer (Digital Applications), Formulated Products
- Senior Applications Engineer, Energy and Chemicals
- C++ Developers (Future Opportunities)
- Java Developers (Future Opportunities)
- Project Manager for Digital Applications
- Consultant Engineer - Operational Excellence Solutions Group
- Consultant, Bioprocess Modelling
- Business Development Director, Energy & Chemicals
If you are interested in working for PSE but can't currently see a suitable role please click here.