Available position Consultant
Employment basis Full-Time, Permanent
Location Hammersmith, U.K.
Salary range: Competitive package
Passionate, visionary, collaborative and professional; these are some of the things that our customers have said about PSE. From our employees’ perspective, we operate an open, diverse and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. Therefore, people tend to stay a long time and grow with the company because at PSE we all have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development. Following its recent acquisition by Siemens AG, the company is now embarking on a major further expansion of its R&D and services activities.
Due to growth, we are now looking for a highly motivated Consultant to work in the Technology Services group of the 'Formulated Products' industries, which include Life Sciences, Food & Beverage, Agrochemicals, Mining&Minerals and Consumer Packaged Goods. PSE has developed some unique software and consulting services specifically for these markets and developed strong accounts, all of whom are global multi-national 'household names'. In EMEA this includes AstraZeneca, GSK, Roche, Sandoz, Danone, Nestle, and Syngenta. This, combined with a North American customer base including Pfizer, Lilly and the FDA supported by the establishment of a dedicated cross-functional Business Unit to focus exclusively on these markets, provides an extremely strong platform for growth and success.
A Consultant in the Technology Services group of Formulated Products works on client projects that involve application of existing and/or new gPROMS Formulated Products functionality with the aim to increase R&D efficiency, optimise the design and operation of manufacturing processes, optimise product formulations, etc. The format of these projects ranges from 1-week on-site workshops to projects that run over a period of a few months (with a few weeks’ effort) where most work is done at PSE’s premises. The objective of these projects is typically to demonstrate value of the mechanistic modelling approaches in gPROMS FormulatedProducts and help clients develop digital twins of their processes for offline and online deployment.
The individual must be able to work with a team led by the project lead to execute the projects and successfully deliver them within the project timelines. From time-to-time, you may be expected to support the technical and other aspects of sales activities, provide solutions to clients, manage post-sales customer interaction to enable growth, promote the company at conferences and trade shows, lead the planning and delivery of workshops to clients and feed back client and market requirements to the product development team.
What will your responsibilities include:
- Execution of consulting projects
- Applying existing gPROMS Formulated Products model libraries to industrial problems presented by our clients
- Developing and applying first-principles mathematical models where an off-the-shelf solution is not present
- Preparing model formulation documentation and project reports
- Ensure projects are delivered to the highest quality and within budgeted cost and time
- Active participation in client/team meetings and working activities
- Contributing to group activities and knowledgebase, including delivery of technical seminars
- Preparing training and demonstration materials
- Customer support in their application of our products, including preparing and conducting training courses, helpdesk, and direct support requests
What skills you should have:
- Master’s degree in Chemical, Biochemical, Pharmaceutical or Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- Experience of carrying out first-principles modelling
- Ability to take on challenges and work independently as well as in a team.
- Good presentation and communication (oral and written in English language) skills.
- Ability to prioritise scheduled tasks and manage unexpected problems and commercial needs.
- Experience in analysing experimental data is beneficial, particularly if it involves model validation.
- Experience with gPROMS®, SPEEDUP®, ACM®, Dymola® or another equation-oriented modelling tool is advantageous but not essential
- Programming (FORTRAN, C, C++) and CFD/DEM experience is helpful, but not necessary.
- Knowledge of the formulated products industries (particularly pharmaceuticals and food) and appreciation of the manufacturing processes typically employed in the manufacture of formulated products is of benefit.
What we offer you:
- Flexible working
- 26 days of holiday per year, plus 8 days of statutory Bank Holidays
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Comprehensive internal and external training programs
- Excellent career development
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox discount platform
- Great office environment, with free fruit, coffee and biscuits, and regular social events
- Reimbursement of professional registration and cost of professional books
- Internal coaching sessions with a Professional Coach
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'