Business Development Manager - Formulated Products
Business Development Manager, Formulated Products
COO / President of APAC
Process Systems Enterprise, a Siemens Business, is the world's leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling technology and related model-based engineering and innovation services to the process industries. We help our customers to save time, money and increase product quality and innovation by applying advanced process models based on our gPROMS platform technology. This enables them to explore the process decision space rapidly, reduce uncertainty and risk and make better, faster, and safer design and operating decisions through deeper understanding of their processes.
An area of strategic growth and investment for PSE are the so-called 'Formulated Products' industries, which include Life Sciences, Agrochemicals, Food & Beverage and Consumer Packaged Goods. PSE has developed some unique software and consulting services specifically for these markets and developed strong reference accounts, all of whom are global multi-national 'household names'. In EMEA this includes AstraZeneca, GSK, Roche, Sandoz, Danone, Nestle, and Syngenta. This combined with an Asian customer based supported by the establishment of a dedicated cross-functional Business Unit to focus exclusively on these markets, provides an extremely strong platform for growth and success.
As the Business Development Manager and the first salesperson ‘on the ground’ in Japan your primary focus will be opening new target accounts in the region. The industry sectors that you will target include Life Sciences, Food & Beverage and Agrochemicals.
You will have sales experience, ideally in a quota carrying sales position or alternatively in a customer facing technical pre-sales role, in at least one of the primary market sectors, with an appreciation of the manufacturing processes typical employed in the batch and continuous manufacture of formulated products. You must know how to discover a customer's business challenges and how to work with technical colleagues to audit a customer’s existing R&D and tech transfer processes and any use of modelling methods, translating these findings into a sales value proposition and investment case. You must be skilled, confident and self-motivated in identifying and developing new business opportunities.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Sell software & services into the Japan region
- Build, maintain and execute a territory plan
- Pro-actively and constantly instigate new discussions within accounts and strategic prospects to enable PSE to understand and discover customer goals and challenges relevant to opportunities for PSE.
- Lead cross-functional teams on sales campaigns, directing and working with technical pre-sales and consulting to achieve desired outcomes.
- Accurately forecast sales pipeline and current quarter close in Salesforce and consistently exceed quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Predict and articulate the needs of your customers to the Executive team to enable these requirements to be translated into long term strategic deliverable solutions.
- Up to approximately 50%-60% travel on a weekly basis.
Qualifications & skills
- You must have at least 8 years’ experience in a quota carrying sales role with a verifiable track record of achievement.
- You must be experienced in applying solution selling strategies within the process modelling or related industries.
- You must be degree qualified in a relevant subject. We hire sales people who are also technically credible and have the background awareness and knowledge to be able to engage in a meaningful business and process optimisation discussion. A degree in Chemical or Biochemical Engineering is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of process design and operations in the key Formulated Products industries is essential.
- You should be familiar with Formulated Products companies business strategies and procurement practices and have an existing network of contacts in the community. An understanding of key accounts and projects in these verticals would be advantageous.
- You must be able to demonstrate an ability to translate technical benefits into business benefits and ROI and be adept at securing meetings with senior level customer contacts.
- Self-driven and self-motivated entrepreneurial mind-set with exceptional interpersonal skills combined with strong organisational and analytical skills.
- First class communication and presentation skills
- Professional proficiency required in both English and Japanese
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the button 'Apply here'
- Java Software Developer – User Interface
- Consultant – Model library development, Formulated Products
- Business Development Manager - Formulated Products
- Consultant, Formulated Products
- Applications Engineer (Digital Applications), Formulated Products
- Product and Solutions Security Officer / Quality Manager in Project
- Plant IT Solutions Engineer
- Senior Applications Engineer, Energy and Chemicals
- Senior Consultant Engineer - Energy and Chemicals
- Senior Consultant Engineer - Formulated Products
- C++ Developers (Future Opportunities)
- Java Developers (Future Opportunities)
- Project Manager for Digital Applications
If you are interested in working for PSE but can't currently see a suitable role please click here.