Department Digital Applications Platform Group
Employment basis Full-Time, permanent
Start date Immediate
Salary range: Competitive package
Process Systems Enterprise (PSE) is the leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling software and digital design and operation technology and services to the process industries. Our products enable our customers to explore the process decision space rapidly, reduce uncertainty and risk and make better, faster and safer design and operating decisions through deeper understanding of their processes.
Currently employing about 180 staff worldwide, PSE has a well-established reputation for thought leadership and technology innovation, achieved via a substantial R&D programme spanning more than two decades. Following its recent acquisition by Siemens AG, the company is now embarking on a major further expansion of its R&D activities.
PSE is a world leader in the development of sophisticated Digital Applications for decision support and control of complex processes. By combining deep knowledge embedded in mathematical models with real-time data and state-of-the-art algorithms for symbolic and numerical computation and machine learning, these applications can now deliver an unprecedented degree of functionality in areas ranging from real-time equipment condition monitoring and virtual sensing to advanced control and supply chain optimization.
We are now looking for highly motivated Front-End Developers with a keen eye for design to join our gPROMS Digital Applications Platform (gDAP) team to help us design and build a next generation front end for this powerful platform. Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the design and architecture of the gDAP User Interface and its components.
- Developing and maintaining the gDAP UI, with emphasis on general, re-usable high-availability software components.
- Developing features to enhance the user experience, striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Ensuring software quality and maintainability via appropriate design and testing methodologies.
- Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Understanding user requirements, both from customer-facing PSE groups and directly from external users of PSE technology; where applicable, translating these to sets of developments relating to the gDAP.
- Resolving critical bug fixes quickly.
- Providing technical support to internal and external customers.
- Collaborating closely with other R&D personnel, the Quality Assurance team and our Consultant Engineers towards the achievement of the above objectives.
What qualifications and experience you should have
- Degree-level or equivalent qualification in software engineering or computer science or closely related subject
- Proven experience in web UI and backend development
- Knowledge of Node.js, Vuex, HTML, SCSS.
- Experience in testing (preferably Jest and Night-watch)
- Experience of Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Knowledge of Java
- Knowledge of Python
- Use of distributed version control systems (Git) and Continuous Integration systems (Jenkins)
- Knowledge of data interchange formats (XML, JSON etc.)
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
What skills and attributes we are looking for
- Ability to prioritize scheduled tasks
- Ability to critically assess the user experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to communicate well in oral & written communication
We operate an open, diverse and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. We have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
As a PSE employee, you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- 26 days of holiday per year, plus 8 days of statutory Bank Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive internal and external training programme
- Excellent career development
- Internal coaching sessions with a Professional Coach
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox discount platform
- Great office environment, with free fruit, coffee and biscuits, and regular social events
- Reimbursement of subscriptions to professional bodies and cost of professional books
How to apply
To find out more about what it is like to work at PSE, and to apply for this position, please go to our careers portal on www.psenterprise.com/company/careers.
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the button 'Apply here'
- Java Software Developer – User Interface
- Consultant – Model library development, Formulated Products
- Business Development Manager - Formulated Products
- Consultant, Formulated Products
- Applications Engineer (Digital Applications), Formulated Products
- Product and Solutions Security Officer / Quality Manager in Project
- Plant IT Solutions Engineer
- Senior Applications Engineer, Energy and Chemicals
- Senior Consultant Engineer - Energy and Chemicals
- Senior Consultant Engineer - Formulated Products
- C++ Developers (Future Opportunities)
- Java Developers (Future Opportunities)
- Project Manager for Digital Applications
If you are interested in working for PSE but can't currently see a suitable role please click here.