Employment basis Full-Time, Permanent
Location London, UK
Salary range: Competitive package
Process Systems Enterprise (PSE) has recently created a new Business Development Representative role in its Formulated Products Business Unit to focus on new business development from inside sales (identifying prospects) to field sales. Process Systems Enterprise, a Siemens Business, is the world's leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling technology and related model-based engineering and innovation services to the process industries. PSE is expanding rapidly and currently employs approximately 200 staff engaged in sales, product development, software development, client consulting services and marketing.
We help our customers to save time, money and increase product quality and innovation by applying advanced process models based on our gPROMS platform technology. This enables them to explore the process decision space rapidly, reduce uncertainty and risk and make better, faster and safer design and operating decisions through deeper understanding of their processes.
An area of strategic growth and investment for PSE are the so-called 'Formulated Products' industries, which include Life Sciences, Agrochemicals, Food & Beverage and Consumer Packaged Goods is now looking for a Hybrid Business Development Rep. PSE has developed some unique software and consulting services specifically for these markets and developed strong reference accounts, all of whom are global multi-national 'household names'. In EMEA this includes AstraZeneca, GSK, Roche, Sandoz, Danone, Nestle, and Syngenta. This, combined with a North American customer base including Pfizer, Lilly and the FDA supported by the establishment of a dedicated cross-functional Business Unit to focus exclusively on these markets, provides an extremely strong platform for growth and success.
The Hybrid Business Development Rep will generate new sales leads and manage the prospect through all the stages of development until they are a customer and beyond. This position requires a self-motivated individual capable of building strong leads with potential customers, who has strong communication and persuasion skills along with good industry knowledge and persistence. This is a good opportunity to carve out a successful sales career in a growing company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, target and research potential customers and new leads for PSE.
- Make targeted sales prospecting approaches, through various mediums such as phone, email, LinkedIn and in person meetings.
- Qualify sales opportunities, establish a sales approach and prioritise promising prospects to pursue as customers.
- Take ownership of new client opportunities and orchestrate client meetings.
- Nurture customers through the sales process.
- Update, manage and qualify information on PSE’s CRM system (Salesforce).
- Promote and help to manage PSE workshops, seminars and training courses as an avenue to generate and advance new opportunities for new name business.
- Evolve this position from a new business development role into a full field sales role. The pace of this transition will be based on your approach and drive towards successful new name customer development.
Required education and skills/experience:
- Degree qualified in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Biochemistry.
- Two years commercial experience working in Inside or Field Sales
- Interest in working for and good understanding of, the Formulated industries
- Must have a ‘hunter’ mentality and be comfortable working in a business environment with a high focus on new name business acquisition.
- Excellent 'Business Sense' for evaluating sales opportunities in a dynamic environment.
- Solid communication and presentation skills and able to adapt these depending on the client (you will be engaging with Process Engineering, Research and Development groups as well as Productions and Operations Management).
- Strong sales skills or evidence of a genuine interest in developing them.
- High level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment, persistence.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
We offer you:
- Flexible, relaxed environment working with a friendly team
- Free fruit, toast, coffee, tea and biscuits
- Cake for your birthday
- 26 Holidays per year plus bank holidays
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular team events
- Money towards professional fees, professional books reimbursed
- External training and career paths
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'