Department Digital Applications Platform Group
Employment basis Full-Time, permanent
Location Hammersmith, UK
Start date Immediate
Salary range: Competitive package
Process Systems Enterprise (PSE) is the leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling software and digital design and operation technology and services to the process industries. Our products enable our customers to explore the process decision space rapidly, reduce uncertainty and risk and make better, faster and safer design and operating decisions through deeper understanding of their processes.
Currently employing about 200 staff worldwide, PSE has a well-established reputation for thought leadership and technology innovation, achieved via a substantial R&D programme spanning more than two decades. Following its recent acquisition by Siemens AG, the company is now embarking on a major further expansion of its R&D activities.
PSE is a world leader in the development of sophisticated Digital Applications for decision support and control of complex processes. By combining deep knowledge embedded in mathematical models with real-time data and state-of-the-art algorithms for symbolic and numerical computation and machine learning, these applications can now deliver an unprecedented degree of functionality in areas ranging from real-time equipment condition monitoring and virtual sensing to advanced control and supply chain optimization. All our Digital Applications are built on PSE’s powerful intelligent automation framework, the “gPROMS Digital Applications Platform (gDAP)”.
We’re building a team to create a brand new, next generation front end for this powerful platform and we are looking for a highly motivated Senior Front End Developer with a keen eye for design to take a leading role. As a senior member of gDAP’s front end team, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- In collaboration with in-house and external users and usability experts, contributing to the design and architecture of the gDAP front end and its components
- Understanding user requirements, both from customer-facing PSE groups and directly from external users of PSE technology, and translating these to sets of developments relating to the gDAP.
- Designing robust and intuitive workflows that help users at different knowledge levels to leverage the power of the gPROMS Digital Applications Platform
- Ensuring software quality and maintainability via appropriate design and testing methodologies.
- Resolving critical bug fixes quickly.
- Providing technical support to internal and external customers.
- Collaborating closely with other PSE software teams including gPROMS Platform developers, the Quality Assurance team and our Consultant Engineers towards building a brilliant new platform
What qualifications and experience you should have
- Degree-level or equivalent qualification within software engineering or computer science or closely related subject
- Knowledge of Node.js, Vuex, HTML, SCSS.
- Use of modern version control systems (especially Git) and Continuous Integration (CI) systems (Jenkins
- Cross-platform software development (MS Windows and Linux)
- Knowledge of/experience using TDD
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, bash etc.)
- Knowledge of C++ (the Back End is built on C++)
- Experience with data formats such as XML, JSON and HDF5
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
What skills and attributes we are looking for
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts
- A desire to learn and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to communicate well in oral & written communication
We operate an open, diverse and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. We have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
As a PSE employee, you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- 26 days of holiday per year, plus 8 days of statutory Bank Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive internal and external training programme
- Excellent career development
- Internal coaching sessions with a Professional Coach
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox discount platform
- Great office environment, with free fruit, coffee and biscuits, and regular social events
- Reimbursement of subscriptions to professional bodies and cost of professional books
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'