Department Software Development Group
Employment basis Full-Time, permanent
Location Hammersmith, UK
Start date Immediate
Salary range: Competitive package
Process Systems Enterprise (PSE) is the leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling software and digital design and operation technology and services to the process industries. Our software products enable our customers to explore the process decision space rapidly, reduce uncertainty and risk and make better, faster and safer design and operating decisions through deeper understanding of their processes.
Currently employing 180 staff worldwide, PSE has a well-established reputation for thought leadership and technology innovation, achieved via a substantial R&D programme spanning more than two decades. Following its recent acquisition by Siemens AG, the company is now embarking on a major further expansion of its R&D activities.
All of PSE’s modelling products are based on the gPROMS Platform, a sophisticated state-of-the-art software platform that supports all aspects of the development of large-scale mathematical models, their formal validation, and the performance of a range of mathematical computations based on these models. The responsibility for the development of the gPROMS Platform is held by PSE’s Software Development Group, comprising an outstanding team of 40 scientists with backgrounds in computer science, mathematics and related disciplines.
We are now looking for QA/Test Analysts with a keen interest and proven skills in manual and/or automated testing of complex software. You will be part of an international, friendly and supportive Quality Assurance team who strive to ensure the highest possible quality for PSE’s world-leading suite of desktop and web-based applications.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Employing static testing methodologies (e.g. Inspection) to ensure the quality aspects of documents used to define new products, features and functions.
- Creating, reviewing and/or executing Test Scripts, both manual and automated.
- Performing static testing on product deliverables (Libraries, Examples and documentation).
- Performing Regression Testing on a variety of Operating System platforms and/or browsers, using developed Examples.
- Recording and reporting any defects or anomalies observed during testing and verifying the resolutions to those defects or anomalies.
- Acting as ‘QA Point-Of-Contact’ for development projects, representing the QA function at project meetings and reporting on the progress with the testing of project deliverables.
- Collaborating closely with other gPROMS Platform developers, the Quality Assurance team and our Consultant Engineers to achieve the above objectives.
What qualifications and experience you should have
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation qualification
- Familiarity with MS Windows and/or Linux
- Familiarity with a variety of browsers (e.g. Chrome, Firefox)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge, or experience, of using test automation tools
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle methodologies
- Knowledge, or experience, of using PSE products (e.g. gPROMS ModelBuilder, etc.)
- Knowledge of Chemical Engineering
What skills and attributes we are looking for
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High level of competency in written and oral communication in English
- Resilience under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
What we offer you
We operate an open, diverse and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. We have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
As a PSE employee, you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- 26 days of holiday per year, plus 8 days of statutory Bank Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive internal and external training programs
- Excellent career development
- Internal coaching sessions with a Professional Coach
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox discount platform
- Great office environment, with free fruit, coffee and biscuits, and regular social events
- Reimbursement of subscriptions to professional bodies and cost of professional books
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'