Department Energy & Chemicals Business Unit
Employment basis Full-Time, permanent
Start date Immediate
Salary range: Competitive package
Process Systems Enterprise (PSE) is the leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling software, services and solutions to the process industries. We help our customers to apply advanced process models based on our gPROMS platform technology for digital process design and operations. This enables them to explore the process decision space rapidly, reduce uncertainty and risk and make better, faster and safer design and operating decisions through deeper understanding of their processes.
Currently employing about 180 staff worldwide, PSE has a well-established reputation for thought leadership and technology innovation, achieved via a substantial R&D program spanning more than two decades. Following its recent acquisition by Siemens AG, the company is now embarking on a major further expansion of its R&D and business development activities.
PSE’s customers include many of the world’s leading Energy & Chemicals companies, and we have an active pipeline of ground-breaking projects focused on optimising design and operations of large-scale and complex plants. We are making significant investment in expanding our core markets, and as a result are expanding our sales and delivery teams in our London, Houston, TX, and New Jersey offices.
We are now looking for highly motivated graduate or experienced engineers to join the Energy & Chemicals Business Unit as Consultant and Application Engineers. Successful candidates will start with a varied role where you will contribute to both Consulting and Application Engineering activities. As you progress, you will have the opportunity to guide your career path to focus on a particular role.
Your duties and responsibilities will include a combination of the following:
Project execution and product development (Consulting focus)
- Execution of consulting projects using gPROMS plus in-house tools and methodologies, ensuring they are delivered to the highest quality and within budgeted cost and time. Projects can cover process development, process safety, and operational applications
- Technical solution development, through development and application of first-principles mathematical models when current tools do not meet project requirements, or to enhance the range of PSE’s product content
Business Development and Product Marketing (Applications Engineering focus)
- Provide technical sales support to Business Development Managers in the Energy & Chemicals Business Unit, including visiting prospects, developing presentations, guiding software evaluations, attending trade shows and presenting at seminars and conferences
- Customer support in application of our products, including preparing and conducting training courses, helpdesk activities, and responding to direct support requests
- Technical Account Management aimed at building positive and lasting customer relationships to help ensure the continued and successful use of PSE’s software products and consulting services
- Work with PSE Marketing to prepare product marketing material (e.g. brochures, web pages, etc.).
- Deliver presentations at PSE-organised or public conferences and other events.
What qualifications and experience you should have
- A BEng, MEng, MSc, or Ph.D. in Chemical, Process, or Petroleum Engineering. A related technical discipline such as Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Biochemistry or Chemistry may be acceptable depending on other experience.
- First-principles or mechanistic modelling experience. Experience with modelling using partial differential equations is of particular interest.
- Programming (FORTRAN, Python, C, C++) experience would be helpful but not essential
- Relevant industrial experience gained from working in an operating company, at production facilities or in allied industries would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of associated Industry Standards API 521 and API 520 would be an advantage
What skills and attributes we are looking for
- Ability to understand customer requirements and translate them to commercial software solutions
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to prioritise scheduled tasks and react to unexpected problems
What we offer you
We operate an open, diverse and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. We have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
As a PSE employee, you will benefit from:
- Flexible Working
- 22 paid days off per year, plus Company paid public holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Company Life Assurance
- 401k Plan
- Paid Family and Maternity Leave
- Internal coaching sessions
- External Training and Career Development
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'