Department gPROMS Digital Applications Platform Group
Employment basis Full-Time, permanent
Location Hammersmith, UK
Start date Immediate
Salary range: Competitive package
Process Systems Enterprise (PSE) is the leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling software and digital design and operation technology and services to the process industries. Our software products enable our customers to explore the process decision space rapidly, reduce uncertainty and risk and make better, faster and safer design and operating decisions through deeper understanding of their processes.
Currently employing 180 staff worldwide, PSE has a well-established reputation for thought leadership and technology innovation, achieved via a substantial R&D programme spanning more than two decades. Following its recent acquisition by Siemens AG, the company is now embarking on a major further expansion of its R&D activities.
PSE is a world leader in the development of sophisticated Digital Applications for decision support and control of complex processes. By combining deep knowledge embedded in mathematical models with real-time data and state-of-the-art algorithms for symbolic and numerical computation and machine learning, these applications can now deliver an unprecedented degree of functionality in areas ranging from real-time equipment condition monitoring and virtual sensing to advanced control and supply chain optimization.
We are now looking for highly motivated C++ Software Developers, to join our gPROMS Digital Applications Platform (gDAP) team. gDAP supports the development, testing and deployment of diverse Digital Applications within a unified framework that allows multiple complex calculations to operate in real time, exchanging information with each other and with multiple external data servers. Designed and tested in collaboration with some of the world’s largest corporations, gDAP provides the robustness and efficiency needed to deliver the next wave of digitalization in the process industries.
As a member of the gDAP team, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining the gDAP software, with particular emphasis on general, re-usable high-availability software components
- In collaboration with PSE’s senior software architects, designing and implementing new types of Digital Applications based on the gDAP
- Ensuring software quality and maintainability via appropriate design and testing methodologies.
- Understanding user requirements, both from internal PSE groups and external users; where applicable, translating these to development projects.
- Resolving critical bug fixes quickly.
- Providing technical support to the PSE teams engaged in the deployment of Digital Applications.
- Collaborating closely with other PSE software developers, the Quality Assurance team and our Consultant Engineers to achieve the above objectives.
What qualifications and experience you should have
- A Bachelor’s (minimum 2:1) or Master’s degree in software engineering or computer science, natural sciences or engineering, with a strong academic mathematical background
- At least two years commercial experience of C++ programming
- Knowledge of algorithms for one or more of the following:
- real-time process monitoring/state estimation
- model-predictive control
- model calibration/parameter estimation
- supply chain optimization
- Demonstrable object-oriented software design skills
- Use of unit testing (e.g. GoogleTest) and integration testing
- Use of modern version control systems (especially Git)
- Good knowledge and application of other programming languages (e.g. Java, Python)
- Experience with data formats such as XML, JSON and HDF5
What skills and attributes we are looking for
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts
- A desire to learn and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to communicate well in oral and written communication
We operate an open, diverse and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. We have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
As a PSE employee, you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- 26 days of holiday per year, plus 8 days of statutory Bank Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive internal and external training programs
- Excellent career development
- Internal coaching sessions with a Professional Coach
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox discount platform
- Great office environment, with free fruit, coffee and biscuits, and regular social events
- Reimbursement of subscriptions to professional bodies and cost of professional books
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'